Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
mazbar

Re: PS VITA - Topped up but no code for wipeout?

Just tried following Dave's instructions to report the problem and I get this notice...

"Customer Notice. Sorry...

This service is unavailable. We're working as fast as we can to resolve the issue, and hope to restore the service soon.

The rest of the site is working as normal - use these links to continue browsing."

I wonder, can't Vodafone just send us the codes directly instead of all this faffing about?

Message 201 of 646 (3,878 Views)
cyr1x

Dave, I purchased my Vita yesterday, trying to top up via voucher i was given in store, can you help me register it as when I try to I get the following error... "Some Business Exception has occured while processing registration/subscription"

Thanks

Message 202 of 646 (3,853 Views)
SlyfoxRich

[ Edited ]

Ok Dave,

I got the PM. However like everyone else I was unable to comply with your instuctions, as your system is down! So I sent an email to the the address you provided on the PM. Now what?

Is this such a massive job?

Nice that you seemed to start the redeem process, but kind of lame that you ask us to use a system that is unusable, The cynic in me thinks you KNEW that. Please could you inform everyone what the hell is happening at Vodafone? This mess is making Vodafone look like a 2 penny outfit.

Funny thing happened though whilst trying to send the info to you. There was a Vodafone instant chat service available, so I thought I'd try that. Guess what? He was unable to help, but did want me to top up ANOTHER £5 because that MIGHT activate the Wipeout redeem process!!! Good God, are Vodafone going bust? More money, doesn't anyone read. TOP UP £5 and receive Free Wipeout. NOT £10 or £50....£5. We just need to activate the sim card. Whats wrong with eveyone there?

Oh yeah, and he PROMISED me a customer representative would call me this morning at 9am this morning. And what happened???

A BIG FAT NOTHING.

Thankyou for that.

Message 203 of 646 (3,821 Views)
blue550

:smileyhappy::smileyindifferent::smileymad::smileysad::smileysurprised::smileytongue::smileyvery-happy::smileywink::smileyfrustrated::smileyembarrassed::smileylol:

- Posted those smiles cause I collect them as a hobby and it kinda cheers it up over this PSVita 3G registering 3G problem...

So done Update via Wifi got **Vodafone Icon to Topup** but have that Business expetion message to create Myaccount to topup by voucher.

Spoken to VF Customer service and he says the SIm I have with it is not activated and is a reused faulty one. And say I should go in VF buy a 250 MB occasional user SIM for Vita? But when I ask what happen to £15 2 GB download got cut off?!

- SO WE'RE PM VF DAVE ARE WE???....

Message 204 of 646 (3,808 Views)
Anwar82

GUESS WHAT?.. Still no code!!!! So just called in again and was told another email is going to be sent to Sony to get the code. Lol. Another 24 hours and for sure another call tomorrow as I'm certain no code will come through. BS
Message 205 of 646 (3,804 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hello again everyone,

If you are having issues with the contact us form - I've seen some people have been able to use it whilst others have not - there are alternate instructions on the PM for contacting us so we can look to get this sorted.

---------------------------

chowyunfatt - I'll look to give you a call again this afternoon, along with those who have emailed since I last went through the emails for your responses.

PhilParry - we are aware of issues topping up with cards replacing old EGG cards and this is being investigated. If this is not your type of card then reply to the PM and we'll look to sort that as well.

mazbar - In order to address the situation with the codes we first need to identify and access the accounts affected, which is why we need to get your details. As I mentioned above, the PM includes alternate directions so we can help with this.

mr-upset, chanandler, Anwar82, Fq360, fuschichou, tonyzsuch, Tonyj2004, PhilParry, cyr1x, blue550 - A private message is on its way to each of you.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 206 of 646 (3,785 Views)
mazbar

Thanks Dave, I'll try the alternative email address you sent to me.

You seem to be the only person at Vodafone trying to sort things out for its customers. For this I am grateful to you.
Message 207 of 646 (3,775 Views)
ScottBull

Considering that thousands of people here are experiencing the same problems; I've formed a think-tank consisting of myself, Carol Vorderman, Forrest Gump, Matt Damon, SpongeBob SquarePants, Anne Robinson and Gru from Despicable Me; and we've come up with a plan of action that we'd like to present to everyone else here, and Vodafone.

1. The support staff, especially on the phone are given training for the PS Vita, and also reminded of their manners.

2. Vodafone ships out hundreds, if not thousands of copies to their Vodafone stores, as well as GAME and GameStation and inform them what's going on.

3. We then go to the stores with our receipts for purchase of the PS Vita 3G and our SIM cards.

4. We get our games and we all play WipeOut.

An alternate for 3 is as follows:

3A. Vodafone generates a ton of codes for the game, and emails us all a code.

Yes, it's not even been a week yet; but so far I've experienced rudenes, poor customer support, a website that's as reliable as a Sainsbury's shopping bag, a purchase system that's quick enough to take your money, and a ton more.

I'm still trying to work out whether this is incompetence or greed on the part of Vodafone, either on the basis of not thinking of training the support staff to the point where they don't even know what a PS Vita is; or whether right now their board of directors are eating Beluga Cavier that we've all paid for.

You can fly to Spain for like £30 these days: Occupy Wall Street, Occupy London, Occupy Southend, Occupy Vodafone HQ.

Since we've given our numbers to the support agents, and they're able to top--up accounts; we should at least get unlimited 3G until this is resolved.

I had my voucher cancelled and a top-up done by a support staff; so I've got a funny feeling that I'll have to make a ton of calls and write a helluva' load more emails to sort this out.

Speaking of emails; just email all of a code already; our email accounts are on file, you know there's a fault; send us the codes, we all play our game, and VodaFone can take a 5 minute siesta.

I wonder how many of us here will be staying with Vodafone if we get our game?

Message 208 of 646 (3,763 Views)
AnnoyedPSV

having read the forums its obvious i'm not the only person having problems with vodafone top up system, despite what the guy at the vodafone store said. i've had my vita since launch day and have been trying to top up since, i've followed the instructions, tried the website, sent contact us e-mail, went to a vodafone store and had a live chat (which i have to say it seems none of the employees were aware ther was an error) all a waste of time. i bought a 3G model in good faith that it will work but obviously that isn't the case, what i want is simple: A method that works and lets me top up £5 as stated and a code to let me download Wipeout and no excuses, i can see vodafone dragging this on so that the deadline will pass and they void this offer

Message 209 of 646 (3,749 Views)
TheChaos0

Hi Dave,

I sent the email through the contact us page (although it did fail twice on me :/). Hopefully my and everybody else's problems will be solved soon.

Message 210 of 646 (3,739 Views)
Anwar82

Hi Dave,
I have sent the email with small hopes of it being resolved. I am awaiting my code urgently and will post if I do recieve it which I highly doubt as its been nothing but lies and loafting on Vodafones end.
I agree with the user above, an email of the code would be best as you have access to our valid emails.
Message 211 of 646 (3,737 Views)
mr-upset

Customer Notice. Sorry...

This service is unavailable. We're working as fast as we can to resolve the issue, and hope to restore the service soon.

The rest of the site is working as normal - use these links to continue browsing

Unbelievable i really meen it. I like how theres nothing wrong when trying to PURCHASE items of vodafone but if they owe you anything "This service is unavailable" Dave i dont understand how much more of my details you need .. iv phoned numaress times giving my details . If i give you any more of my details your going to know more about me than my wife does.

Message 212 of 646 (3,726 Views)
ScottBull

[ Edited ]

Exactly; let's just assume that we're all telling the truth, and none of us are on here trying to score a second DLC because we have nothing better to do with our lives, despite that seemingly being the impression from Vodafone, (it's a good job I'm self employed, and am also disabled too).

Stress is bad at the worst of times; in my case it can cause an Epileptic seizure, it's a good thing they're not photo-sensitive.

Vodafone need to remember that people are ten times more likely to complain than to praise, so assuming the people who got their codes were multipled by 10, and you then add a 200+ long topic that's been going for a few days; Vodafone is looking at a snowball that's rolling down hill here.

I'm willing to bet Vodafone will either hope we'll go away or the promotional period will expire too.

If you want to melt the snowball; give us some sunshine; contact Sony tomorrow and ask to buy several thousand copies of the games, either DLC or physical copies and take it from there.

@Upset: have you included your DNA and dental records for identity purposes, lol; at least we're keeping each other's spirits up here.

Also, a mass-email should be compiled of anyone who's posted in this topic or any related topic, with daily updates until it's resolved; the promotional date should be extended indefinitely until a resolution is found, and we should also be granted fair use of the 3G without charge).

I admit it's a heavy request; but when you take into account that it seems zero training was given, and that's by the support agent's request; we're all losing out.

Message 213 of 646 (3,724 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi all,

I've been unable to call this afternoon as our secure email system has been down so I can't access your replies. I'm keeping an eye on this so that should it become available again whilst I'm in the office I can start calling out straight away, and if not I'll make sure that someone picks this up in the morning for you.

Apologies for the delay, but rest assured everyone eligible for a game code will receive one.

------------------------------------

mr-upset - Can you try the alternate contact option mentioned further down the PM for me so we can pick this up?

------------------------------------

AnnoyedPSV - I'm getting you the PM sent now as well. 

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 214 of 646 (3,695 Views)
Fq360

Hi Dave,
i tried using the contact us form, but kept getting error msg whilst submitting so have sent an email to alternate method you proposed

thanks
Message 215 of 646 (3,693 Views)
mr-upset

^ same lets hope this works

Message 216 of 646 (3,671 Views)
chowyunfatt

Thanks to Dave ( the only person at Vodafone that knows what’s happening ) I now have my code after 5 days, originally topped up on the 21st as my Vita came a day early.

This experience has been a total sham from the start, I cant see why it wouldn’t of been easier to just set up a Vodafone account, enter a code or something that they could have put in the Vita box, once topped up you then get the Wipeout code via email. Nice and simple.

Who ever designed this system of redeeming codes doesn’t know what their doing.

As for Vodafone and the lies their telling people over the phone is a disgrace, every time you ring up it's a different story.

Anyway thanks again Dave for sorting this out.

My sim card is going in the bin after the 1st month is up, you just lost another customer Vodafone and I hope everybody else gets their code and also does the same.

Vodafone needs more people that tell less lies and actually do something like Dave and get rid of the Muppets on the phone lines.

Message 217 of 646 (3,657 Views)
RandomHajile2

hi ive been reading this forum since thursday

i got a vita on launch and it was only on friday i managed to top it up using a voucher!

ive been a vodafone payasyougo customer since 2006 and think this is unexceptable on how bad it is to top up let alone get sent a code

i keep getting this message on my NEW account i had to make to finaly top up...

"System is currently unavailable, please try again later."

and this message

"

• Sorry we're unable to process your request right now. It won't take us long to fix this issue. Please try again later."

how long will your system be down? and will we get the code for sure when the system is working?

Message 218 of 646 (3,620 Views)
hi675445

no happy i did not get my game fill riped of by vodafone my psvita is all ready set up dont want to do it agane if i dont get mu code i will demand for a £5 refufund in till you do it 

Message 219 of 646 (3,511 Views)
hi675445

hi i had this you have to ring them up to refresh your number becouse in the uk it 07 and not 447 dont worry if you dont understand just ring up 08700 776655 and tell them about the error Some Business Exception has occured while processing registration/subscription     and they will fix it it what they did for me hop this help 

Message 220 of 646 (3,510 Views)