Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
Jonathan1985

Playstation Vita 3G Sim

Hi I have received my 3G Playstation Vita, but I am having issues with the included sim card. I tried in vain numerous times to top up th sim online, but It kept coming back saying that there was an issue with the online system. So I rang Customer Services who have now told me that there must be a problem with the sim and that they can find no record of the sim number on their systems. I have a friend who has exactly the same problem. Surely all the sims shipped with the Vitas can't be faultly. What is the best plan of action for us now?
Message 1 of 646 (11,627 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
Apple_Fanboy

Re: Playstation Vita 3G Sim

Hi Jonathan

Just a quick check but have you connected to WiFi and done the firmware update? From what i understand the device should auto update when connected to wifi and signed into a PS store ID.

If so does the issue happen on WiFi, on 3G or both?

Message 2 of 646 (11,576 Views)
Jonathan1985

Yup, all updates are done. The problem seems to be that the sim card is not active. I have spoken to another member of the CS team on the phone who has confirmed that the sim card is showing up as active on one system and not of the other. Also, there is no phone number being displayed in the Settings on the vita...
Message 3 of 646 (11,574 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
Apple_Fanboy

[ Edited ]

ok that sounds odd

One of the mods may be able to assist with the sim  not being active, as for the mobile number it wont show up. Some handsets such as blackberry have the ability to save your mobile number to the sim and that is what the Vita is reading.

When you have topped up though you will recieve a notification with your WipeOut code and it will have your number in it. This should remain in the network notifications area in the menu for you to get later if needed.

just to check though does the top up fail on both 3G and WiFi? The reason i ask is i had some isses topping up my mobile broadband over 3G and was told that they are looking into an issue with credit/debit card over 3G.

Hope the mods can sort this for you soon.

Message 4 of 646 (11,569 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi Jonathan1985

Thanks for your post. It does appear to be an odd situation whereby your SIM card would show as active on one part of our systems and not the other so we'll need to check this at network level.

If you could contact our team directly with the full SIM card number and details of any error messages that you're experiencing when topping up we'll get onto this for you. I've sent you a Private Message with details of how to contact us.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 646 (11,543 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
MatHassall

You are not the only one with a Vita and a Vodafone sim that cannot top up. There are lots of posts on various forums reporting the same issue.

I will add I also have the issue.

When trying to topup the sim card via WEB (WiFi), you enter the top up amound, sim card number, personal details, debit card number, expiry etc, your post code, select the address from the drop down, enter a contact Email address and click "Step 2".

At this point the following error message appears at the top of the screen.....

Sorry - some of the details we need from you are either incorrect or missing.
Please check them and try again.

• Unfortunately we are unable to process your request because of a temporary problem with our online service. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please try again later."

Additionally, each entry as entered has a check (tick) mark, except for the debit/credit card number, which has a "!" next to it in red.

Can I get some Vodafone love too please.

Message 6 of 646 (11,534 Views)
Scottw75

Getting exactly the same error as matt.

The vita is on the network though as voda sent me a text confirming a security code.

Message 7 of 646 (11,508 Views)
DeanAstley

I am having the same problem.

I have tried to register on the vodafone website, I entered my PH number that is on my sim card leaflet but I have not recieved a text message yet.

I also tried to top up through the vita website but that gives me the same error as above.
Message 8 of 646 (11,479 Views)
MatHassall

Just read the following on NeoGaf.... Vodafone... Is this true ?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35366206&postcount=2853
Message 9 of 646 (11,472 Views)
MatHassall

Message 10 of 646 (11,459 Views)
mrm0by

MatHassall wrote:

Sorry - some of the details we need from you are either incorrect or missing.
Please check them and try again.

• Unfortunately we are unable to process your request because of a temporary problem with our online service. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please try again later."

Additionally, each entry as entered has a check (tick) mark, except for the debit/credit card number, which has a "!" next to it in red.

I get the exact same error via Vita or PC.

Message 11 of 646 (11,444 Views)
brodiefw

PS Vita - When will I receive my WipeOut code?

Have added £5 to my supplied SIM,  got an SMS to the Vita confirming £5 was added.

When can I expect to receive my code for WipeOut?

Message 12 of 646 (11,168 Views)
MatHassall

Rang customer service number, and sim card now activated.

See Neogaf link above.

1. Turn off wifi

2. Call number

3. Once you get past the messages, request a call back.

4. On call back request Vita Sim activation and top up.

5. Provide personal details and debit/credit card details.

6. Wait a bit until activated.

7. Confirm Sim working by browsing the WWW

I was informed that it could take 2hrs for the Wipeout code to be sent to the Vita (we will see).

Message 13 of 646 (11,395 Views)
mrm0by

Have disabled wi-fi & accessed the Vodafone top-up page via the 3G function & was able to top-up first time.

Have received text/notification of the top-up & new balance. I guess I await the WipeOut code now.
Message 14 of 646 (11,385 Views)
MatHassall

mrm0by wrote:
Have disabled wi-fi & accessed the Vodafone top-up page via the 3G function & was able to top-up first time.

Have received text/notification of the top-up & new balance. I guess I await the WipeOut code now.

Might have been better all round, if Sony/Vodafone provided working instructions for sim card activation !!!!!!

Message 15 of 646 (11,359 Views)
Jonathan1985

Hi Simon

Sorry I missed your call, I get terrible service in my house and it tends to cut people off before I've had change to answer...

This isn't an issue anymore as I received a notification to my Vita welcoming me to Vodafone and I was able to topup online without issue.
Message 16 of 646 (11,353 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi All

We're currently investigating the issue now. So that we can collate a number of examples I've sent a Private Message to you with details on how to contact us. If you could e-mail us with details of your SIM card number and mobile number if known this would be fantastic.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 17 of 646 (11,347 Views)
ToonJPS

Re: PS Vita - When will I receive my WipeOut code?

:manfrustrated:Same here. I've put two lots of £5.00 in to my account and not received the Wipeout voucher (code). That said it seems most codes on PSN today aren't working correctly. So it may be a PSN problem that's slowing it all down. Be nice if someone from Vodaphone could let us know whats happening.

brodiefw wrote:

Have added £5 to my supplied SIM,  got an SMS to the Vita confirming £5 was added.

When can I expect to receive my code for WipeOut?

Message 18 of 646 (11,073 Views)
Stu
Stu

To activate the PSVita SIM you need to top up via Voucher to Activate.
SIM cards cannot be topped up via Debit or Credit Card until it is activated.
You will need to go onto Wi-Fi, go to the Network App, Go to Vodafone and follow the instructions to top up Via Voucher.
Message 19 of 646 (11,284 Views)
KnightFire

I am having similar issues, my Vita will not open the browser as it says there is a network error and I should restart my router (connection is via 2G, as wifi is turned off). I cannot sign up for my account on my PC as I don't receive the text with the code, and I can't top up.

The same is happening for 2 friends of mine, can it be that ALL the Vita sims are not registered? that would be very poor customer service (again) by vodafone.

Message 20 of 646 (11,276 Views)