Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
salgarkar3

Prepaid - Have credit but get a message you can't make a call because you don't have credit!

Hi,

I use PAYG phone.

I have credit of £17.43. (Confirmed by logging to my account & also by calling *#1345#).

But when I try to make call I get a message you can't call because you don't have sufficient credit.

Can you Pl look into & sort out.

Pl note I do not use this phone frequently. Is the SIMI quarantined?

SS

Message 1 of 6 (4,679 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Re: Prepaid - Have credit but get a message you can't make a call because you don't have credit!

Hi salgarkar3,

You need to make a chargeable call at least every 180 days to keep the number active, so if you have not used it for a while it probably is quarantined..

You would be best to top up the phone and make a chargeable call to reactivate your sim

Message 2 of 6 (4,671 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Re: Prepaid - Have credit but get a message you can't make a call because you don't have credit!

Hello salgarkar3

The reason you are getting the message is most probably because the SIM has been become dormant through non use and this will be something you would need to sort out yourself. 

Providing it has been no longer than 270 days since you last used the number, you can easily get the SIM working by topping up a minimum amount and them making a chargeable call which will bring the SIM out of dormancy. 

PAYG SIMs do need to be kept active with a regular chargeable call.

Ann
Message 3 of 6 (4,670 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
salgarkar3

Thanks AnnS,

Can you pl let me know how much is the minimum top up required?

Thanks

Salgarkar3

Message 4 of 6 (4,651 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

The minimum top up is £5

Message 5 of 6 (4,648 Views)
Tech Team
Andy

[ Edited ]

Hi salgarkar3,

Many thanks for your post advising of the difficulties you're facing when trying to make a call. AnnS and mari1970 have given some great advice here, thanks both :smileyhappy:.

If, after trying a top-up, you still find you can't make a call, just reply to the PM I've sent you. You'll find it here, so just follow the instructions it contains and one of the team will be in touch as soon as possible..

Thanks

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 6 (4,638 Views)