You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Accepted Solution

Problem with cinema pass activation

HI

Hope you tech tean can help, I have registered my cinema pass, received a text message with a link put my phone on wifi tried the link but getting error message saying problem with website server error or dns error, I have also tried the link on my computer but still getting error message, no mesaages or links in email.

Please help

Many thanks

Message 1 of 18 (4,016 Views)

Cinema freebee rewards pass

Hi, can someone help my mum has been trying to register for the pass and has put all the information in and got through until it says they will send a text but she hasn't received a text 2 days later. Who should she contact to get it resolved? Thanks
Message 2 of 18 (3,991 Views)

Re: Problem with cinema pass activation

Hi 

I have also done the cookies on my computer and tried the link in the text message from vodafone and I am getting this message, 

Sorry there was a problem

We were not able to confirm your registration. Please contact us.

Can someone please contact me I sent details on the please contact us part of the above page.

Message 3 of 18 (3,976 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

Hi.I wish i had the answer but  I have a similar problem, I received the text and it had a link to follow and when i follow the link it says that I need to contact vovafone as my registration could not be confirmed. i have entered my details on the contact us section 3 times now and have not heard anything from vodafone, not even a text or an email.  the trouble is we only have 7 more days to register for the cinema pass and im very uneasy  about it all

Message 4 of 18 (3,964 Views)

Come on Tech team. please put an end to all this worrying we are going through

Message 5 of 18 (3,961 Views)

Hi

I have been to my local vodafone store lunchtime and they have resolved the problem very quickly, I am very impressed. Thank you

Message 6 of 18 (3,955 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

rockchic1 and TwiddlyDee - Can you confirm the type of phone you're using? If it's a WAP page it wouldn't work via the computer.

Lisdra - If you click the "Contact us" link on the cinema pass page and enter your mobile number and the new phone's IMEI in the message, the team handling this offer will be in touch to help. They generally reply within 24 hours Monday - Friday.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 18 (3,952 Views)

My Phone is a Samsung galaxy pockey neo. i followed the link on my phone,if thats what you mean.

I will try the store solution too. thanks for the info.

Message 8 of 18 (3,939 Views)

I had problems with the registration i just sent them a message and they have emailed me back saying this: As per the terms and conditions, providing that you have activated your pay as you go phone and applied your £20 Freedom Freebie you will be able to start making your claim after the 16th January 2014. When you make your first claim you will be sent a Cinema Pass within 5 working days of making your claim.

What does it mean by first claim?

Message 9 of 18 (3,820 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tasha3,

The first claim is the first time you enter your details to receive the cinema pass.

There’s more information on the full process here.

Cheers,

Andy

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 10 of 18 (3,779 Views)

Hi I hope you can help as I have sent a few E-mails now and no response.

I THINK I have set this up properly, but I don't know what to do next I feel a little worried.

This is the last E-mail I got,

Hi Michaela

Great news, you've successfully registered for your Freebee Rewardz Cinema Pass.

What happens next?

• Activate your phone and apply your Freedom Freebee by 14 January 2014
  • Log into our website to claim your monthly £10 Freebee Rewardz Cinema Pass from 16 January 2014
  • You can claim £10 each month until the 31 January 2015

Now what do I do? It says log in to claim my cinema pass, when I log into my vodaphone account it doesn't have anything about my pass in there, when I click that website link it just takes me back to that cinema pass bit where I have to enter my code, yet when I enter the code it says I've already registered that code and to try again.

Please help as there is not many days left, I really wanted this to work as it's my daughters birthday next weekend, I wanted to use the money towards seeing Frozen.

Thanks in advance,

Michaela

Message 11 of 18 (3,606 Views)
Ian_C
Topics: 18
Solutions: 63

Hi MichaelaJade,

I responded to you here.

Cheers

Ian

Message 12 of 18 (3,558 Views)

Alas! after vodafone confirmed id registered for pass, Phone in use, freedom freebie in use... they sent a message yesterday saying that I will not be receiving it  because i didnt register the phone or freedom freebie!

The instructions wereStep One:You must activate your new smartphone and apply your Freedom Freebee by 23.59 on 14 January 2014.

• Step Two: Your Cinema Pass pack will contain a scratch card with a unique code and instructions on how to register online. Please follow these instructions carefully. You’ll also need to register some personal details.
  • Step Three: We’ll send a verification text to the phone number you registered and an email with a link to take you to a verification page. You must verify your details to qualify, so please do this carefully.
  • Step Four: We’ll check your details and confirm by email that you have successfully registered. Once we have done this you will need to log onto the vodafone.co.uk/cinemaregistration and claim your Cinema Pass.
  • Step Five: We’ll send out your Cinema Pass within 5 working days.        

what more do Vodafone want from us!

Message 13 of 18 (3,182 Views)

I have the same problem.  Purchased phone and freebee on 30th December at the London Liverpool Street store.  Specifically asked the employee if I could activate the freebee on any phone (I wanted this for one of my daughters) and he said yes.  Applied the Freebee to my daughter's phone on 4th December and registered the cinema pass under my phone.  Now receive an email saying from vodafonecinema@filmology.co.uk saying: "we can't send you a Freebee Rewardz Cinema Pass as you didn't activate your phone or apply your Freedom Freebee by 14th January 2014".  No terms and conditions, FAQ, neither the sales rep specified the freebee had to be activated on the phone purchased.  Tried going back to the store and they say they cannot do anything.  What type of service is that?

Message 14 of 18 (3,101 Views)
Gemma
Topics: 13
Solutions: 29

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

I've replied to your other posts here.

Thanks, 

Gemma

Message 15 of 18 (3,031 Views)

it has been longer than five days and i still haven't recieved my cinema pass we are nearly at the end of Jan very unhappy at the moment I have checked on the pages you keep sending me to but have done everything. The girl in the shop added my £20 and i regestered my pass wich when wrong then i emailed vodaphone and they sent an email back saying they had activeted it manualy but I still have not recieved anything.

Message 16 of 18 (2,912 Views)
Gemma
Topics: 13
Solutions: 29

Hi tasha3,

I’m sorry to see the issues you’re facing with this.

So that my team can look into this for you, please click here to send your details directly to us.

Thanks,

Gemma

Message 17 of 18 (2,817 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

I’ve had an update regarding the Cinema Pass Freebee.

You should have now received an email about getting your cinema pass.

You will receive 12 x £10 vouchers starting from February 2014 and ending January 2015.

Each month, you’ll need to go to the registration site to claim your next £10.

Once you’ve claimed, the amount will be automatically credited to your cinema pass.

Thanks,

Andy

Message 18 of 18 (2,746 Views)