24-05-2011 10:05 PM
the title says it all really, can i exchange my Sensation for the galaxy s2 ?
im within my first 7 days and know im at liberty to either cancel my contract or get an exchange....cant quite work out if the exchange is like for like or it means i can get a different device
if not then i guess ill be forced to cancel and take a new contract with the device i want
just to add another problem in to the mix, ive just ported over my old number to my vodafone sim, what will happen to this if need to cancel? will i be able to get a pac code ?
im just disappointed that the sensation isnt as smooth as i might have imagined
25-05-2011 10:47 AM
Vodafone have a returns department who'd discuss the options to you if within 7 days. If you got it from a store though, you need to go back to store. If over phone or by internet, just call 191 and ask to speak to returns. If the contract for S2 is same, I think it will be a straight exchange, issues would only be if there's a cost difference, so you should be fine.
25-05-2011 10:56 AM
I'm sorry you've had to wait longer than you'd like for a response. Posts on our forum are worked first come, first served so that all our customers get the same, fair treatment.
It's a shame that you wish to swap your Sensation for a Galaxy SII but I can help with the questions you're asking
First of all, if one is unhappy with the handset in any way within 7 working days, then one can exchange the handset on a like for like basis if preferred, or for another model if this is the way one chooses.
If you decide you wish to cancel altogether and wish to keep your number, then we could also provide a PAC for you to port to another network. Are you sure you want to do that though, what with excellent benefits such as Vodafone Passport, VIP and the excellent service the eForum has to offer?
Customer services can arrange for the handset to be swapped out or you can also reply to the email I've just sent to your registered eForum address. I believe the Galaxy SII to be out of stock for the time being so we need to register the fact you wish to exchange handsets before the 7 working days have passed.
25-05-2011 12:03 PM
Sorry for the hassle but i only really had today to go to the store else my time would be up !
Anyway, i took the chance and went to store anyway, the guys in there were good and didnt quibble about an exchange, the only problem was that the s2 was not in stock,
what they did was this (hopefully you can also confirm that this plan is ok)
was to cancel my contract of 35ppm and put me onto a sim only deal, they said once the phone is back in stock they can then issue me with a handset and put it back on the monthly deal i was on with the sensation and all should be well.
does this sound as it should...no problems in doing this ?
i also...(.being a bloke that does tend to change his mind somewhat where phones are concerned) presume that if for any crazy reason i suddenly wanted to wait for the new BB Bold 9900 i could just stay on the sim only deal that im now on ?
sorry to be a pain with these questions but ive little confidence with call centre operators (having been one myself) knowing what they're talking about.....as the one i talked to this morning said the 7 day return policy was for distance selling only! glad i knew he was wrong.
26-05-2011 04:32 PM
I wanted to exchange my handset for a different model within the 7 days but they cancelled my contract and this causes a lot of problems,and a waste of days talking to the customer call centre and being passed on to lots of different departments and on a couple occasions being cut off halfway through explaining that all I want to do was exchange handset for different model.Still waiting to be able to get another contract,
I suggest that if you want to exchange your handset for a different model in the 7 days don't let them tell you they have to cancel your contract. I am very dissapointed with the service.
26-05-2011 06:59 PM
InspectorFrost - Assuming that this is a rolling 30 day SIM only contract to avoid any commitment date issues, then it sounds fine - it lets you keep your number until the handset is available without tying you into a lengthy deal.
If they've put you on a 12 month deal, then I'd suggest popping back to check they have added notes to the account to say you can swap without penalty on the arrival of stock - I don't want you to be caught up with an advisor who doesn't know the situation thinking you've still got most of a year on SIM only left!
Keep in mind you can always refer them to this thread to confirm communication and dates if needed, and we'll help in any way we can.
Marti5112 - What should have been done was an exchange of the handset if it was in stock, and if not then a cancellation of the upgrade to roll the contract back until you were able to get the one you wanted at a later date, not of the contract itself.
Let us know what stage you are at now regarding contracts, numbers and handsets. It's possible that our upgrades team here on the eForum may be able to step in and tidy things up, but it depends on the current situation.