Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
user1690

Some help please?

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the vague title guys, but im in a quite angry mood right now,

About 15-20mins ago i got 4-5 annoying calls from a "BLOCKED" number (You see where this is going now, right?), i kept hanging up, so then they left a voicemail, so my curiosity got the better of me, i topped up, and then dialled 121, and a annoying message awaited me.

So i want to know, is there any way i can get a hold of that number?  I've heard from a friend some networks offer a service where if a blocked number calls, they are informed the person they are calling doesnt accept blocked numbers, and that the callers number would be unblocked if they wished to continue the call, does Vodafone offer this? I prefer not going to the police just yet (Since i bet they could help me.) so is there any way i can retrieve a blocked number?  It'll be a shame if theres not because im sure many people get these annoying calls, and are then left wondering who gave their number out anyway.

PS: My apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Message 1 of 5 (2,890 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Re: Some help please?

hi, would think that if a number is withheld that you would not be able to retrieve it.. to be honest, probably the fact that you kept on hanging up on them would have probably just encouraged them to keep calling you back..  your phone may have an option to block specific numbers, ie witheld, from calling you.. that way if it is a genuine call then they will know that they dont have the option to withhold their number if they want to contact you..

Message 2 of 5 (2,865 Views)
user1690

Hey there,

If my phone had the option to block witheld numbers, i would have probably found it by now. (I have an iPhone 3GS, if it is possible to block witheld numbers, please let me know how?) But i guess your right, the fact i kept hanging up just encouraged them to call back. Next time im just gonna answer, and leave the phone on the desk, and either of the following will occurr

A.) Waste their credit.

B.) Their contract bill price will rise

C.) They will simply be wasting their time, and hopefully give up after they realize im not going to say anything.

Message 3 of 5 (2,839 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

am not an ipnone user so dont know anything about that kind of phone, it may not have that option, but am sure one of the mods would be able to advise you on that..  personally, if someone calls me on a withheld number i just dont answer it, if it is that important they can leave a voicemail with their name and  a direct contact number for me.. why answer it and leave it on the desk because that could stop someone else from contacting you?

Message 4 of 5 (2,830 Views)
user1690

Hmm, another valid point.

Ok, i guess i'll change my voicemail to something like "You've either withheld your number or im not availble...... "

Thanks for the help anyway :smileywink:

Note: If a mod happens to look here and does know of a way to get the iPhone to block witheld numbers (or a way to retrieve them) i would really like to know.

Message 5 of 5 (2,815 Views)