Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
leanne1910

Using PAYG dongle abroad

Hi there,

I've tried to find an answer on the website but having no luck so I'm hoping some lovely person will help me out.

I bought a payg dongle as I was moving house and have to wait for my current provider to transfer my broadband.

I am going on holiday next week to Tenerife and I like to take my laptop with me as it's cheaper to use VOIP services to call home than use my mobile.Last time I was there the complex (not a hotel but residential) I stayed in had a wifi hotspot that I paid 25 euro for 5 days usage.

I'm staying somewhere different this time and not sure if they have wifi so I was wondering if my dongle will work there and how much it will cost to use?I understand my usual allowance from my £15 top up won't apply.

I am not a heavy user abroad,as I said I just like to use it to call home and keep an eye on my bank balance.

Would it be too expensive to use the dongle?Do payg dongles work abroad?Or should I just try and find internet cafes etc?

Any help or advice anyone can give me will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Leanne xx

Message 1 of 3 (4,653 Views)
Rank 20: Instructor IV
RupertTheFridge

Re: Using PAYG dongle abroad

I'm almost certain pay data accounts are barred for all usage outside the UK. The vodafone help section states this too. http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=72317&PARTITION...
Message 2 of 3 (4,640 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Richardeast

Re: Using PAYG dongle abroad

[ Edited ]

I guess this is probably too late for you leanne but for anyone else reading this - I connected fine with my PAYG dongle in France yesterday, surfed all day and it cost me a fixed £8 in credit. I'm not sure how much data I used, but I 'assume' I had up to 100mb as per http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/price-plans/managing-my-costs/travelling-abroad/using-the-interne...

Message 3 of 3 (4,340 Views)