Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
mjprice1979

Vodafone 'My Account' - Unable To Receive Security Code When Registering?

Morning all,

I have recently got a PAYG sim, which I am using in an old Vodafone handset. I am trying to register online, so that I can actually use my phone, but when I enter my mobile number, I do not receive the security code which should be sent to my phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4 (2,641 Views)
deedee

If u haven't made any calls from the sim yet u will need to activate it, u can do that either by making a call or by sending a free of charge text to 9770 (blank if u wish it doesnt matter). That is a test sms line so it will activate your sim, once you've done that u can try online again and u should get the activation text then.

You dont need to register it online to be able to use it u just need to activate it by making a call or sending above mentioned sms before u can receive any calls or texts on it. Get your number by dialling *#100# then call/send.
Message 2 of 4 (2,641 Views)
mjprice1979

If u haven't made any calls from the sim yet u will need to activate it, u can do that either by making a call or by sending a free of charge text to 9770 (blank if u wish it doesnt matter). That is a test sms line so it will activate your sim, once you've done that u can try online again and u should get the activation text then.

You dont need to register it online to be able to use it u just need to activate it by making a call or sending above mentioned sms before u can receive any calls or texts on it. Get your number by dialling *#100# then call/send.

Superb, thanks very much!
Message 3 of 4 (2,641 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi mjprice1979

Sounds like you have got it working,

Thanks to deedee I could not have said it any better :D

Martin
eForum Team
Message 4 of 4 (2,641 Views)