You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
KEVINMCC1986

Vodafone Ireland Plus Add On

Hi Vodafone,

I have moved from Ireland to the UK and have seen in the local paper in Ireland an advert for the vodafone ireland add on for 5 pounds a month. Why do I have to have a Northern Ireland post code to purchase this, as it's not like its a free add on?

Any chance that I could get this with a UK postcode as I'd move to vodafone if you were willing to give it. Please see link below for the add on.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/price-plans/managing-my-costs/ireland-plus/?cid=rdr-2688-01

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (5,343 Views)
Rank 50: Master IV
AnnS

Re: Vodafone Ireland Plus Add On

Although Vodafone Ireland is part of the Vodafone Group, it is treated as a separate company to Vodafone UK.

Vodafone Ireland would have their own offers and you would have to be a Vodafone Ireland customer and live in Ireland to benefit from Ireland Plus.

If you have any enquiries about Vodafone Ireland tariffs or offers, you would need to contact them direct.

Ann

Message 2 of 10 (5,339 Views)
KEVINMCC1986

I understand vodafone ireland is a seperate company but if you take the time to look at the link in my original post you will see this is a vodafone uk offer :smileywink:

Message 3 of 10 (5,334 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi KEVINMCC1986,

Unfortunately the offer is exclusive to customers who are living within Northern Ireland.

The reason for this is due to the system will only generate these price plans when the billing address is to Northern Ireland.

If you would still like to speak to us regarding a deal we would be more than happy to assist you.

Also another option for you would be to look at the additional international call bundles which can be used to call people in the republic of Ireland

James

eForum Team

If you have any comments on how I have handled your query today, please complete our short customer feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 10 (5,303 Views)
borderphone

Are the terms and conditions for this plan anywhere? The information on the webpage is at odds with the leaflet avbailable in store. When in the ROI can i use all of my plan minutes to ring ROI landlines and mobile numbers AS WELL AS NI landlines and mobiles? Is there a comparable bolt on for data roaming in ROI?

Message 5 of 10 (4,809 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi borderphone,

If you can let us know what is different that would be great. The website is obviously capable of being updated at any time whereas the flyers will have the correct information when printed, so there may be small discrepancies, but it's better to make sure that you have the right information.

Calls to landlines and mobiles in both Eire and UK (excluding Channel Islands and Isle of Man) are both bundle inclusive when roaming.

The nearest equivalent we have for data would be the Vodafone Data Traveller service. This is not limited to the Republic of Ireland, but instead covers our specified Europe Zone

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 10 (4,784 Views)
ZuluDawn

Hi,

I have raised the same question, although I work between Ireland (Galway) but retained my UK mobile number.

I want Ireland Plus. Why do you discriminate against the rest of the UK. This has nothing to do with Vodafone UK and Ireland being separate companies, vodafone UK allow this bolt on for the republic to N.Ireland, currently part of the UK.
There are probably hundreds of thousand potential Irish and English customers who would avail of this.

You should refer this to someone in power to put this on their priority list.

Message 7 of 10 (1,810 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi ZuluDawn,

I'm happy to feed back the idea of extending the eligibility for Ireland Plus.

I can't guarantee anything, but we do take all customer suggestionds on board.

Dave

Message 8 of 10 (1,791 Views)
ZuluDawn

Thanks Dave,

Perhaps you could also confirm that Roaming charges are being abolished on 1st July next year which means customers like me will achieve the same goal, ie to use my minutes etc between England and Ireland without the charges you currently apply?

ZuluDawn
Message 9 of 10 (1,775 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi ZuluDawn,

While there's plenty of discussions and speculation around further roaming reductions circulating, there are no announced plans as yet. We'll keep our Travelling Abroad page up to date as and when any changes are made in future. :smileyhappy:

Cheers, Ben

Message 10 of 10 (1,762 Views)