Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
yorkmaxiblue

Vodafone PAYG - £10 Top Up (Unlimited Texts Pack)

Hello,

I am on Vodafone contract, however my phone broke so I purchased a new pay as you go phone (today) on the Vodafone network so I can use my contact sim in it.

The phone had to be purchased with a £10 vodafone top up. Obviously with being on contract this was no use for me, I may aswell have just threw £10 away.

I got a new vodafone simcard and put it in to my phone to apply the £10 credit. First of all I dialled 2345 and tried to change to the unlimited text pack. The automated voice said they were experiencing technical so I pressed option 1 and successfully topped up with the £10 credit voucher. I then pressed the option to add the unlimited texts pack and it added successfully but because I had topped up a few minutes before the pack was added it seems like I wont get the unlimited texts unless I top up another £10. Can an Vodafone advisor please look into this for me so I can benefit from the unlimited texts as of today.

I have also tried to register on the forum to check my tarrif details and to see if the unlimited text pack is active. I entered the mobile number and it does not send the security code to my phone by text, Ive tried numerous times. There is no other option around this. It does ask for a phone number or email but when I enter my email an error message asks me to enter a phone number.

Chris
Message 1 of 8 (5,473 Views)
yorkmaxiblue

Sorry I meant I tried to register an account on the Vodafone website (not forum).
Message 2 of 8 (5,473 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
MattyD1

Hi Chrisie Thanks for the new post. To make sure you're getting the benefit of the text unlimited, I'll to take a look at your new PAYG number. I'll be sending you an email so we can get access to your account. Please let me know if you need anything else. Many thanksMattyDeForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 3 of 8 (5,473 Views)
yorkmaxiblue

Hi Matty, Thank you for your reply. I have just read your email but unsure which information you want. The PAYT details or my Contract details? My sister has managed to register the PAYT sim card in her name on the Vodafone website so should I provide you with her details so you can look into the account and tariff information or is it my contract details you want? Kind Regards, Chris
Message 4 of 8 (5,473 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi Chrise We need the details of the pay as you go account, to be able to look into this further :). Sukhi eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 8 (5,473 Views)
yorkmaxiblue

Hello, I have replied to the email with the PAYT number and my sisters details which she used to register the sim card. Thanks :)
Message 6 of 8 (5,473 Views)
yorkmaxiblue

It is free to request your own number and balance on *#100# and *#1345# and free to call the top up line on 2345? I had £10 credit on the phone and no texts or phone calls have been made apart from the top up line and requesting my number and balance. I've noticed everytime I check my balance it is going down by 20p each time? Also, in reply to the email I received, the unlimited texts is still not showing on the Vodafone online account. I'm guessing the unlimited texts have been added but I won't get them until I top up another £10?
Message 7 of 8 (5,473 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Reidar

Hi Chrisie

Thanks for getting back to us.

Please can you reply directly to the email that has been sent to you, we can't deal with direct account issues on the eForum as these are account specific to each customer.

If you have replied to the email with the same details (and information) you've posted here, then one of us will be able to look into it for you, or contact you directly.

The 2345 services and *# numbers are free, so we'd need to figure out what is causing the 20p charges on your account, thanks.

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team
Message 8 of 8 (5,473 Views)