Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
max1ne

cant register new phone, invalid MMI code.

Hi. I bought a new HTC wildfire today. Ive done all inserting sim card and let it charge for a few hours, but when Ive come to register the phone and top it up it wont let me. The problem is I have no idea of the phones number and when I dial *#100# the phone comes up with connection problem or invalid MMI code. The phone has no network signal with all lines empty and a X.

Can anyone help with this problem. I was really looking forward to getting home from work and trying out my new phone :smileysad:

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (6,095 Views)
Rank 23: Tutor II
Vampfy

Re: cant register new phone, invalid MMI code.

hi max1ne

Try sending a blank text to anyone. From what I believe, a chargeable service will activate that sim for you :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps!
Message 2 of 10 (6,094 Views)
max1ne

Hi Vampfy.

Thanks. just tried it and still no luck. :smileysad: When I dial 2345 to top up it flashes up quickly, out of service area. Could it just be a problem with the network at the moment, or is there anything else i can try. Ive tried calling customer services from my home phone but they closed at 8pm.
Message 3 of 10 (6,087 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Hi, it might be worth your while checking the faults board to see if any network issues in your area.. If not, you could also try your SIM in another phone, to see what happens.. If the sim works ok, then there is a good chance you have a faulty phone..

Hope this helps..

Message 4 of 10 (6,072 Views)
max1ne

Hi. thanks. taken a look at the faults board but there is none showing up for my area. I have no other mobile on the vodafone network to try the sim out. I will give it another go in the morning and if i sill have no luck I will get onto customer services again and see what they say. hope its just something simple and i dont have to send the phone back. hate having new things when I cant mess with them.

Message 5 of 10 (6,061 Views)
mari1970

Hope you get your issue sorted soon!

With PAYG sim cards all you should have to do is pop it into a phone and make a chargeable call to activate it, does not have to be a Vodafone phone, just any phone that is unlocked the sim should work in..

Good luck

Message 6 of 10 (6,058 Views)
max1ne

I think i may have my very ancient N-gage mobile thats unlocked. i will have a hunt for it and see it it will still power up. Ive never had any problems before with mobiles, like you say you just pop the sim in. I cant even see a way to find the sims phone number, im sure when ive got new mobiles in the past the numbers been among all the codes printed on the box or on the sim card.

Message 7 of 10 (6,054 Views)
mari1970

Well, hopefully you will find out whats causing the problem, the phone or the sim.. Nothing worse than having a faulty phone especially when it is brand new!

Message 8 of 10 (6,048 Views)
max1ne

Quick update. It turned out to be the sim card. Rang customer services this morning and the sim didnt have a valid phone number linked to it. I've picked up a new sim this morning and popped it into the phone and everything is working fine. :smileyhappy:
Message 9 of 10 (6,019 Views)
mari1970

Hey, am glad to hear you got things resolved!

Message 10 of 10 (6,016 Views)