Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
ventia

emergency calls only and cant locate my own number

I bought a samsung j700i payg several months back, put a vodafone sim in and put top-up on it, then left it, now Ive got it out to use again its saying emergency calls only. Its not a coverage issue dont think

also I thought I made a note of phone number and tried to call it and its not recognised, I think I just need it as an emergency receiving calls phone only anyhow, so how do I get phone number??

Is it because I left it and didnt make calls on it that it is acting up??
Message 1 of 8 (4,722 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

You need to keep a PAYG SIM active by making a regular chargeable call. If it has been more than 180 days since you last used the service, you will have lost the number and any credit.

This is explained in the PAYG Terms and Conditions, under 6, Suspension, Disconnection and Termination on this link:

PAYG Terms and Conditions
Ann
Message 2 of 8 (4,722 Views)
ventia

thanks Ann, ok that makes sense BUT then why cant I even call 17298 vf customer serv from that phone, it says emergency calls only when I use this sim, then I found a new unactivated vf sim in sealed packed so slipped it in and dialled 17298, a female voice said thank you for calling , please disconnect!!!!

You need to keep a PAYG SIM active by making a regular chargeable call. If it has been more than 180 days since you last used the service, you will have lost the number and any credit.

This is explained in the PAYG Terms and Conditions, under 6, Suspension, Disconnection and Termination on this link:

PAYG Terms and Conditions
Message 3 of 8 (4,722 Views)
AnnS

Before you are able to call 17298, you need to activate the SIM by making a quick chargeable call.

The SIM should have a small amount of preloaded credit to get you started. Once the SIM is activated, you will have no problem with calls.
Ann
Message 4 of 8 (4,722 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi ventia,

Thanks for posting and sorry for the delay in responding to your post. I can see AnnS has already given you all the information that's neccessary. Cheers Ann ;)

If there's anything else, do let me know.

LeeH
eForum Team
Message 5 of 8 (4,722 Views)
susan5097

my phone is doing same emergancy cals only even when i have reception
Message 6 of 8 (4,722 Views)
AnnS

my phone is doing same emergancy cals only even when i have reception

If you are PAYG and have not made a regular chargeable call, this is explained in post 2 of the thread.
Ann
Message 7 of 8 (4,722 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi susan5097,

Thanks for letting us know you're having problems making calls. How long is it since you made a chargeable call on your handset please?

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team
Message 8 of 8 (4,722 Views)