Ask a question:
nt
Rank 1: Guest
nt

freebee opt out

hi,

i recentlly got the vodafone text and web freebee, but unfortunately this has not worked out the mose econmic way to do things. i have tried to find out how to opt out so i can go back to buying freedom packs, but cant seem to find anything. do you actually have to opt out? or if you do where do do it, as i have tried calling 2345 but cant seem to hear the right option for this. im sure its obvious and i just havent noticed it!

thanks

Message 1 of 18 (12,913 Views)
Tech Team
James

Re: freebee opt out

Hi Nt,

Welcome to the Vodafone eforum from all of the team.

When it comes to Vodafone Freebee's, you don't need to opt out as you don't get charged for the freebee packs, if you don't want what you get and would prefer to use the freedom packs instead this is not a problem, simply purchase the freedom pack instead.

Check out our latest freebee offers on our help centre.

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 18 (12,878 Views)
retroboy

I'm currently thinking of doing the same thing. I'm currently on freebees "Text and Web" and as I understand it I can't have both text and web and also buy a freedom pack at the same time.

I read this in the freebees text and web T&C's:

"To switch to a different Vodafone TopUp and Get Freebee, Free Weekends or to buy a Freedom Pack you must opt out of TopUp and Get Text and Web up to 48 hours before the end of your current 30-day period."

My freebies runs out in 24hrs. Does this mean I can't buy a freedom pack when the freebies runs out?

many thanks

Message 3 of 18 (12,842 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi retroboy

I would agree  that until the freebies run out that you couldn't have a freedom pack added from reading the T & C's  on the website.

Have you tried to add a freedom pack on now?

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Message 4 of 18 (12,815 Views)
SamEdwards

I have tried to 'op out' so dose this mean i have to keep the freebee untouched untill the 48hours are up so that I can buy a Freedom Pack?

Thanks, Sam

Message 5 of 18 (12,276 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

SamEdwards wrote:

I have tried to 'op out' so dose this mean i have to keep the freebee untouched untill the 48hours are up so that I can buy a Freedom Pack?

Thanks, Sam

Freebees are valid for 30 days.  As soon as the 30 day period period has ended, you will be able to purchase a Freedom Pack.

You may be interested in looking at this thread on the forum which will help with frequently asked questions.

PAYG Frequently Asked Questions

Ann
Message 6 of 18 (12,271 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Geoff_M

You can opt out should you want to in the "My Account" on the Vodafone website.

Not sure why you would want to though......

I posted a question a while ago, before the site was updated ( just rediscovered the login ) and thought I would ask again.

If I have a freedom web pack active and top up is the Freebie text and web queued up behind the freedom web pack currently in use ?

If I have the text and web freebie active can I queue up a freedom web pack behind this,  or do I need to wait fro the freebie to expire.

Do these run concurrently or sequentially ?

Geoff.

Message 7 of 18 (12,224 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Geoff_M

OK I read the previous posts and see you cannot queue them up,  though it should not be beyongd the wit of man to do that.

Probably have to either include texts with the freedom web pack or split the freebie into a web pack and a texts pack and queue them.

Simples..... 

Message 8 of 18 (12,216 Views)
cocoa92

Hi. I noticed that the Vodafone solution didn't actually give you an answer, so here it is: 

Dial 2345

press 3

press 1

press 2

press 1

You have now opted out of the text and web freebee!

Message 9 of 18 (11,864 Views)
alexandray

Hello,

I hope you can help me. I've been having the same problems in the last 3 months or so. I keep writing to the customer service but I do not get any replies. In the end, I've to pop in to one of the Voda stores on a monthyl basis to get it sorted. Each time, the Voda Store Sales Rep gives me a reassurance that it will not recur. BUT IT HAS!! All I wanted is to be opted into the Freedom Freebee. I previously was on the Text & Web.Somehow, the website does not provide an option to opt in to the Freedom Freebee. My problem then is that with each top up, it automatically puts me back onto the Text & Web eventhough I'm not opted in! After numerous visits and e-mails, why is this still happening? It just did it again this morning and yes, i'm highly frustrated with the Customer service.

Message 10 of 18 (11,828 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Hi, the best thing to do would be to give Customer Care a quick call on 191 and they should be able to opt you out of the Text and Web Freebee..

The link i have provided advises you on how to buy your Freedom Freebee

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/price-plans/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-freebees/vodafone-freedom-free...

Message 11 of 18 (11,812 Views)
alexandray

hi,

does calling 191 involve me picking option '2' n having to pay 25p per min? why do i have to pay for the mistakes done by your team? thank you for the link that you have provided. it is NOT new to me. I have followed that every single time i make an online top up.  The Customer Support was able to sort me out with one e-mail a few months ago. Why is it that this time around, 3 e-mails in 3 consecutive months are not replied to and the same problem recurs every month whereby I have to write in, call, and then make a trip to the store? Why aren't you able to get the right ppl to sort me out? The Sales Rep at Oxford St made a lengthy call to the CS and I was informed it will NOT happen again. Please explain why it still is? Esp the auto opt in to Text and Web which I NO LONGER WANT! I am on the verge of switching providers because I'm tired of dealing with all these each month.

Message 12 of 18 (11,802 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

[ Edited ]

Hi alexandray, welcome to the eforum!

Just to correct a misconception at this point, mari1970 isn't a member of the eForum Team or a member of Vodafone staff, but is a highly active member of the eForum community. You can spot the members of the team because we have a small Vodafone logo ahead of our names on the left and will always sign off as a team member.

I'm popping you an email so we can get this sorted for you. If you reply back with your details, that will come straight to our inbox and we'll look to get this sorted as quickly and permanently as we can for you.

Dave

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 13 of 18 (11,797 Views)
hulmie10

How do you opt out on the website, it's driving me crazy this I don't want this crappy freebee!
Message 14 of 18 (10,818 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi hulmie10

Thank you for your post, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding, we are a small team in great demand.

I have sent an email to the address that you registered with on here, please complete and reply to this and we will be able to opt you out of these services.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 15 of 18 (10,767 Views)
bostonoski

[ Edited ]

Posting here in hopes I don't need to start a new topic.

I have been using Freedom packs and until recently had not tried the new option to "queue up" a pack.  I tried it a month ago and it worked fine.

The only problem is, it never told me it was recurring, that it would repeat every month!

I actually just moved away from the UK so I want to be back on normal PAYG. Before I left I tried to be sure it would not try to put another pack on, and could find NO answers on the Vfone website. Now I have a text from Vfone saying that it wants to activate a queued pack tomorrow.

How do I turn this OFF??

[EDIT: New to eForum, which notified me I have a private message after posting. However it gave no link and I cannot find any place on the home page or my page to private messages. If someone was trying to contact me with an answer, please post it here!]

Message 16 of 18 (9,420 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi bostonoski,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all for the team.

All of the detail you need on how to opt out of the freedom packs can be found here.

James

Message 17 of 18 (9,393 Views)
bostonoski

Thanks very much! Not sure why my searches didn't pull up that thread.

I think my problem is that I am now out of the country. I mistakenly thought that since I had signed up online I could undo it online as well. Looks like I can't. And I am pretty sure I can't call 2345 from Canada....!

Message 18 of 18 (9,326 Views)