Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
jonboyfzs600

genio touch problems

HI,

I have a number of problems with my Genio GT s3650 on PAYT tariff

1) Google Maps won't work, I just get a "Network unavailable" message. This service worked when I first got the phone.

2) I cannot send or receive emails, I get " Connection refused"

3) I cannot send or receive image attachments to text messages.

4) When texting from abroad my messages get split into multiple messages.

I can access the internet Ok

Any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 4 (2,700 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Re: genio touch problems

Hi jonboyfzs600,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here :smileyhappy:.

To help you out, I'll deal with each issue individually.

1.I've just tested this on our Genio Touch and haven't experienced any issues. When do you see the network unavailable message? Is it as soon as you load up Google Maps, or is it when you try to search for a location? It could just be that your phone isn't connecting to any satellites. I'd recommend trying it again outdoors.

2.If you're able to access the internet but not send/receive email, then it sounds like your email settings might be incorrect. I'd recommend following the email setup guide on our Samsung Genio Touch Help page. If you're unsure of any specific setting, you'll need to speak with your email provider.

3.This will likely be down to your MMS settings. If you use the link I've provided above, then you'll see the MMS setup guide. If that doesn't resolve your issue then MMS might not be active on your number. Customer services on 191 will be able to check this for you.

4.To be honest, I'm not too sure about this one. Does it happen for all text messages, or just ones that go over 160 characters? My suspicion is that it's just down to the way the phone breaks long text messages down. When you're abroad it will also take longer for a sent message to be received at its destination, so could explain why long messages are received in parts.

Kind Regards,

George
eForum Team

Message 2 of 4 (2,685 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
jonboyfzs600

Thanks for your comments.

Google maps won't work outside or inside, surely only a true gps needs data from satellites? Fails on loading .

Messaging service now works after changing settings.

Text message has disapeared, must just be international.

Email problem is the most annoying have tried all recommended settings, even imap ones i found on talktalk forum.

Jon

George wrote:

Hi jonboyfzs600,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here :smileyhappy:.

To help you out, I'll deal with each issue individually.

1.I've just tested this on our Genio Touch and haven't experienced any issues. When do you see the network unavailable message? Is it as soon as you load up Google Maps, or is it when you try to search for a location? It could just be that your phone isn't connecting to any satellites. I'd recommend trying it again outdoors.

2.If you're able to access the internet but not send/receive email, then it sounds like your email settings might be incorrect. I'd recommend following the email setup guide on our Samsung Genio Touch Help page. If you're unsure of any specific setting, you'll need to speak with your email provider.

3.This will likely be down to your MMS settings. If you use the link I've provided above, then you'll see the MMS setup guide. If that doesn't resolve your issue then MMS might not be active on your number. Customer services on 191 will be able to check this for you.

4.To be honest, I'm not too sure about this one. Does it happen for all text messages, or just ones that go over 160 characters? My suspicion is that it's just down to the way the phone breaks long text messages down. When you're abroad it will also take longer for a sent message to be received at its destination, so could explain why long messages are received in parts.

Kind Regards,

George
eForum Team

Message 3 of 4 (2,674 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi jonboyfzs600

Thanks for your post here.

If Google maps still isn't working even when outdoors, then there may be a fault with your device. Follow the link below to see how you can get this fixed.

Vodafone Repairs

With regards to your email, I would suggest speaking directly to your email provider to obtain the necessary settings rather than getting them off a forum as these may not be 100% correct.

Let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 4 (2,667 Views)