Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
rbargante
Accepted Solution

jersey - channel islands uk - unlock iphone4s

[ Edited ]

hi . i just recive my iphone 4s pay as you go . i`m in jersey channel islands and i cant activate the iphone .  the iphone keeps show a message the sim card no compatible..     im a pay as you go whit airtel vodafone in jersey channel islands.. number - ***********

message im my iphone 4s ( SIM LOCKED  insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iphone ) can you help me?. can i order a sim card from your web uk  and activate the iphone in jersey ? and then unlock ? thank you

Message 1 of 10 (4,523 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Re: jersey - channel islands uk - unlock iphone4s

Hi rbgargante,

I've edited your number out for security purposes. As this is a public forum, it could be viewed by anyone and I'm sure you wouldn't want it to be used for untoward purposes.

Kind Regards,

George.

Message 2 of 10 (4,513 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Hi rbargante,

As Vodafone UK don't provide network to the Channel Islands, any iPhone purchased from us would need to be unlocked. The easiest way to do this would be to order a PAYG SIM and ensure it has £20 credit on to cover the cost of a Network Unlock. If you click the link you'll see details of how to arrange the unlock.

Kind Regards,

George.

Message 3 of 10 (4,479 Views)
rbargante

hi . i orded  sim card from uk . i fill the unlock form . waiting . and  waiting . and  today a recive a email

( Dear Customer,
Thank you for your email.

To pay unlock charges and raise an unlock request, Please contact the Helpline by calling 191 from your mobile phone or 08700 700191 (Vodafone contract) or 08700 776655 (Vodafone Pay as you Talk) from a landline. )  

i contact the help line and they said i cant do it online . i have to go to a vodafone store to unlock the iphone4s .

'm very disappointed .after all this time waiting .and waiting . 

can you help me ? im in jersey channel islands . i asked if you ship the phone to jersey , you said yes . but nobody told me that is locked to uk vodafone. im using airtel vodafone in jersey .

then you said i can unlock online and help nine saing i cant .

please sombody help me ?  thank you

Message 4 of 10 (4,438 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Hi,as long as you have a UK sim topped up with £20 and the IMEI of the phone then Customer Care should be able to put in a request for the Network Unlock code for you.. They will not be able to do this without you having a UK number

Message 5 of 10 (4,433 Views)
rbargante

hi mari1970 . thanks for replay , i orded a free sim from uk vodafone .  just top up 2 times online  £5 and £15 with debit card .( i spend a few £ £ and now My balance is £18.01)    from yesterday i cant top up online or by ATM machine. .loks like they locked my number too .

i completed the unlock code request form and    i recived a email from  nucresolutions@help.vodafone.co.uk 

(

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

To pay unlock charges and raise an unlock request, Please contact the Helpline by calling 191 from your mobile phone or 08700 700191 (Vodafone contract) or 08700 776655 (Vodafone Pay as you Talk) from a landline. )

i call them and they said they are unable to send me the ulock number. i have to go to a vodafone stor in uk. )

the problem is :

im in jersey channel islands ,

Message 6 of 10 (4,417 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go-Services/Can-not-top-up-M%C3%B3bil-number/m-p/936307#M1...

If you are using a registered credit/debit card to top up, there is a limit to the amount and number of top ups which you can use the same card for in a 30 day period.

Try using a different card to top up. 

You will not have any problem getting the iphone unlocked by submitting the unlock code request form and as soon as Vodafone receive a response from Apple, you will receive an email top let you know that you will be able to use an alternative SIM and unlock the phone through itunes.

Ann
Message 7 of 10 (4,413 Views)
rbargante

hello  Anns . i m using a different sim card now( uk vodafone number 07825xxxxxx ). i top up with  £20 . i just filled the unlock code request form .  now im gonna wait . soon i get the email im gonna post here.  thank you for the replays

Message 8 of 10 (4,406 Views)
rbargante

Unlock Code Request Form [#7973146]‏

i recived the email back :

( Dear Customer,
We are unable to request free NUC for PAYT handset within 12 months from purchase date. This will be charged at £ 19.99.
For any further info, Please contact the Helpline by calling 191 from your mobile phone or 08700 700191 (Vodafone contract) or 08700 776655 (Vodafone Pay as you Talk) from a landline. )

i already called to help line and they take the £ 19.99. from my credit . now i have to wait 48 hours for new email.

Message 9 of 10 (4,302 Views)
rbargante

recived the email this morning :

( The iPhone has now been unlocked – Please replace the SIM (use a SIM which has never been used with this iPhone) and connect to iTunes or perform a software restore via iTunes.)

THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY .:smileyhappy:
Message 10 of 10 (4,268 Views)