Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
rhyslewis13

Re: keeping my number not done

Hey guys,

Put my port request in on Friday around 4pm, old phone has gone dead today, but number hasn't ported yet :smileysad:

Spent one and a half hours on phone with CS (nothing short of useless), but am encouraged by some of the posts here with people saying that it's now sorted. I've turned my phone off and am hoping for the best!
Message 21 of 33 (3,045 Views)
Dissident

no text when my number ported, just switched it on and called my partners phone to find out the number had ported succesfully.

good luck

Message 22 of 33 (3,032 Views)
wannabe

Hi guys 

Turned my phone off for half hour and the number has now ported. A little bit annoyed that I was told it would be done by 4pm and that I spent 1hr and 45mins on the phone but glad it is sorted

Message 23 of 33 (3,026 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
Wizross

Dissident - did you turn your phone off before/during the transfer time?

Sounds like your transfer went fairly smoothly.

Message 24 of 33 (3,018 Views)
Wizross

For those whose numbers were due to transfer yesterday, around what time did your old phone disconnect?

Still got a normal signal on mine, which is due to transfer today - hopefully!

Message 25 of 33 (2,953 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
Spacer

My old number stopped working about 1200, and started again about 1830. The temp one died about 1830 :-)
If you feel I've helped you, please click on the star to the left of this post :-)
Message 26 of 33 (2,948 Views)
Wizross

Mine hadn't died at all. However, then on the old phone I switched on airplane mode for a minute and then back off and now no service.
Have now switched off the new phone for a bit to see if it'll kick in when I switch it back on again.
Message 27 of 33 (2,947 Views)
Wizross

Anyone know if it's better to keep your new phone switched on or off? Seen mixed results on the forum.

Dialling my old number from a landline now tells me the number's not recognised.

Message 28 of 33 (2,940 Views)
Joshhyp

its really irritating as no one has been able to get in contact with me. If its not sorted tomorrow, I will ring up vodafone and just cancel my contract and cut my loses.

Im in the exact same situation.

My number was due to port over yesterday as well and now I have not had access to it for 2 days as it has been cut off!!! My sisters phone was ported over successfully today so I dont know why there are problems with mine. This was supposed to be done on Monday 17th between 11-4pm. 

What are vodafone doing to sort out this problem?? I have called them numerous times and on the few occasions I have gotten through to them after waiting on the phone for nearly an hour they have not given any indication as to when my number will port over.

Can a moderator look into this for me?????

Message 29 of 33 (2,905 Views)
Community Manager (Retired)
Tom

Hi All, sorry for the delay in responding, have these issues been fixed now? If not, just respond and we'll get onto it right away.

Thanks,

Tom
Message 30 of 33 (2,878 Views)
sonic_rm

Hi Tom,

Am still waiting for the issue to be resolved, my old number is now basically dead if I try calling it I get an invalid number message (I can still make calls from it though). My vodafone temp number is still working !

How long till my number gets ported as no one can contact me on my old number !

Message 31 of 33 (2,867 Views)
Tom

Thanks sonic_rm, Martin's just sending you an email to reply to now. Your circumstances are a little different than those above from looking at your other thread, but we'll still be able to sort it :smileyhappy:

Tom
Message 32 of 33 (2,857 Views)
sonic_rm

Thanks Tom, still waiting for the email though.

Cheers
Message 33 of 33 (2,850 Views)