Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
cres

online topup broken, insits my card numbers are wrong for card type

I have a visa debit card, when ever I submit the topup form the page returns with the erorr:

"The card type you've selected doesn't match with card number. Please check and try again."

Ive selected visa -- its is a visa

ive tried the number as either xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ive checked the details over, site has been doing this all day. 

today is the first time ive tried to use the online topup and im massively frustrated with it. 

This feels like bad coding Some check to see if the user has input a real visa number before talkin to the bank.

but the check itself is broken, as my card number is real and i am inputting the details correctly. 

Message 1 of 96 (7,092 Views)
andrea1968

Re: online topup broken, insits my card numbers are wrong for card type

its saying the same for me, i have a visa card too. am really fed up as im now down to 70p credit and unable to top up!

Message 2 of 96 (7,083 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi cres and andrea1968

Thanks for both of your posts here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with our TopUp system. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

So that we can look into this for you I’m going to send you an email over to the email address that you registered with. All you need to do is hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers

Wayne

eForum Team

Want to give feedback about me?

You can do so here

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 96 (7,075 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
schadfield

Broken for me too. I normally use "Topup Direct" - i.e. I have entered my bank account details into their system. In the online system I can no longer see evidence of the regular topup I have set up for myself nor can I see a way to use Topup Direct to top up my daughter's account like I normally do.

I cannot top up her account using my Visa card because the system will not recognize the number.

Pathetic.

Message 4 of 96 (7,054 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi schadfield

I am sorry to see that you are encountering this issue, but I am sure that this is something that can be fixed.

I have therefore just sent you an email, if you can reply back to that with the relevant information we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

Message 5 of 96 (7,041 Views)
shamil

Yep, broken for me too.
Message 6 of 96 (7,033 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi shamil

I’m sorry to hear that this isn’t working for you either.

I’ll send you an email too so that we can get this fixed for you. :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Want to give feedback about me?

You can do so here

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 96 (7,011 Views)
Olivier

Same problem here :smileysad:

Message 8 of 96 (6,683 Views)
finlux

Hi Wayne

I've the same problem too, when I try to top up mine or my wifes phone. We've been Vodafone users for 12+, & we're seriously thinking of going elsewhere. Can you help? We'd rather stay, but if this cannot be sorted, will have to go elsewhere... :smileysad:

Message 9 of 96 (6,673 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi Olivier and finlux, welcome to the eForum:smileyhappy:

I’ll be happy to send you two and email over too, so that we can get this sorted for you.

Please just hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

Message 10 of 96 (6,597 Views)
crushedpinksilk

I've been having the same problem now since Monday (5 Sep '11) and I've tried consistently every day since then to no avail. My information is correct as I've topped up online dozens of times and there've never been problems until now.

I even phoned my bank, whereby they said that it wasn't my card but a technical problem on Vodafone's end.

Please can someone fix this as soon as possible, or at least look into it, as I am abroad and with £0.00, I can't send, receive or make any texts or calls. It is very inconvenient so please can Vodafone get this sorted.

Thanks.

Message 11 of 96 (6,570 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi crushedpinksilk, welcome to the eForum!

I can appreciate the situation this has left you in. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this for you.

One possible thought - have you recently received a new issue of the card? The card number may be the same, but things like the expiry date or issue number may differ causing the card to be rejected.

If not, or if you have but cannot register the new card, we'll need to get into your account to resolve this. I'm going to pop you an email so we can do that, and if you reply back we can get onto this for you.

I'm sure we can sort this out for you. In the meantime, we do have other methods which can be used for topping up, including those someone could use for you in the UK to sent funds to your account if needed.

Dave

eForum Team

Message 12 of 96 (6,541 Views)
crushedpinksilk

Hi Dave.

Thanks for your e-mail, I figured out what it was because in actual fact, the error message was not that my card number was wrong but that there was missing or incorrect information. It turned out that I hadn't updated my new address with Vodafone, since I've recently moved, but did so already with the bank.

Thank you for your help but fortunately, it was completely my own carelessness. No need to call thank you! I'm able to top up again.

Message 13 of 96 (6,533 Views)
stat

same problem here ! If the e-mail is gonna fix it then pleeeease send an e-mail to me as well !
Message 14 of 96 (6,519 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi stat

Welcome to  the eForum!

I have sent you an email so we can get this fixed for you.

Thanks

BenJ
eForum Team 

Message 15 of 96 (6,501 Views)
modamo

Hi, I have same problem with my account.

I have pay as you go mobile and now Im in Latvia and my balance is O.OO I need to call.

When I want buy Top Up in my account with my credit card Visa - I see the message(Sorry - some of the details we need from you are either incorrect or missing. Please check them and try again. Unfortunately we are unable to process your request because of a temporary problem with our online service. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please try again later.)

Whats wrong?

My credit card number is true, Ill check all times this number.

I write number with/without space in number!

I need help...since 30 August...

Message 16 of 96 (6,389 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi modamo

First and foremost a very warm welcome to the eForum, it is awesome to see you here! :smileyhappy:

Thank you for your post, I understand your frustration and would love to assist you with this.

Have you checked all your details are correct with your online 'My Account' as often it is for the same reason that crushedpinksilk experienced.

Please check this and if you would like me to check these for you, or for me to take a closer look at your account please complete and reply to the email that you registered with on here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 17 of 96 (6,358 Views)
Missoni1000

I am having the same issues also i cant top up online or with a voucher it says i have to phone 191 but i dont have the calling credit to speak to an adviser this is becoming extremely fustrating.

Message 18 of 96 (6,312 Views)
mkbs

The same here for Visa and Mastercard. I posted yesterday afternoon and no one has bother to come back

I will consider moving to 3 or Organge on Sunday when shopping as service is lousy

Still same Saturday lunchtime

Keeps reporting a  "Error in online payment system£ and sayign card is wrong when it is NOT

Vodaphone new to upgrade their Online payment system to meet the new Standard which

started in the UK on 1st October 2011 which looks the trouble.

Message 19 of 96 (6,304 Views)
ushmaton

broken here too. tried to contact vodafone about this but no success.and no, there is nothing wrong with my card details and address etc are up to date and as this has been a reoccurrent problem and vodafone is unable to fix it, i have started to look for other service providers as wlel as i am dependent on the existence of cash machines and corner shops to get vouchers etc.

Message 20 of 96 (6,258 Views)