Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
angusmc200

unlock a dongle

can you get a dongle unlocked ? so that you can use a non -voda sim in it ?, I suppose you would need to get software from the other sim provider to get it to work too?

Message 1 of 7 (7,028 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Re: unlock a dongle

Hi angusmc200,

You can request  to unlock a dongle online, just as you can a phone. Just follow the directions on the link below and select "Vodafone data devices" from the drop-down on the form.

How do I get the network unlock code for my phone online?

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 7 (6,978 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Fionasyr

I've been waiting since 12th December!!!

Message 3 of 7 (4,179 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there Fionasyr,

Thanks for your post.

Would you be able to provide me with the unlock request reference so we can chase this up for you?

Thanks,

LeeH

Message 4 of 7 (4,155 Views)
Fionasyr

Yes, it's 10699953

Many thanks

Fiona

Message 5 of 7 (4,151 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi Fionasyr,

Thanks for getting back to us.

So that we can check this further I’ve sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of our team will be able to take a look at your issue in more detail.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Thanks,

Jenny

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 7 (4,136 Views)
Fionasyr

Is it actually possible to get a Vodafone dongle unlocked?

I've been trying since December and seem to just be going round and round in circles with it.  I've now been asked to submit two requests because the IMEI number is apparently incorrect.  However, the IMEI is printed on the dongle!  I've now sent them a photo of it to prove that.

I don't know what else I can do.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Message 7 of 7 (4,066 Views)