Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

191 and webchat

syzygy
4: Newbie

The word 'community' seems to send shudders of ecstasy through certain individual's spinal cords.  The herd mentality.  No scope for individuality?  

This community would, probably, not exist if it was possible to call 191 - or, even, use web chat - in order to obtain a simple answer to a simple question.  Computers, and technology, astound me.  I'm learning....

Of course, the fault may be all mine; but I have never, in my 63 years, come across an organization which places such an inordinate amount of emphasis upon technology, as opposed to the provision of a competent service.  

How good it would be to hear, when I phone 191, a pre-recorded message stating : "Please hold if you wish to speak to an adviser".  Fat chance - just loads of irrelevant 'options'.  Then, endless circularity.  And, 'web chat' - what an utter, cheap, farce.  I will admit that 2 people out of about 30 were very impressive, on web chat.  The rest were just dragging things out for as long as possible in order, no doubt, to justify their existence.  

The 'regulars' on this 'community' nonsense will be all hot and bothered - at any criticism whatsoever.  They ought to get out more.  Their obsession with collecting silly little points, and childish 'rewards' is nauseating.

Vodafone need, simply, to fire their people responsible for setting up an awful I.T. system, and to concentrate more upon the provision of a proper service.  

4 REPLIES 4

redpages
17: Community Champion

I don't think anyone will be 'hot and bothered' :Smiling: . I'd expect fellow customers would agree that a company needs straightforward, effective customer service via telephone, web chat etc. 

If you've got a problem with your account then it's best dealt with securely, effectively and on a one-to-one basis with a customer service advisor over the phone, web chat, email etc.

If you've got a generic technical question about a product or service which doesn't involve account details or data protection checks then a forum is an ideal platform to get help, share knowledge etc. (either from an official representative or another user).

'Communities' / 'forums' have been around for well over a decade now and I can't think of many companies in the telecoms, broadband or TV space that don't invest in them (see o2, EE, Sky, Virgin, Apple etc). The key for Vodafone (and any other organisation) is striking the right balance between the two.

There is an official Vodafone team on here in addition to other customers. Overall they've got a good reputation when it comes to sorting out problems for those who've had difficulty with other channels. Give them a chance and I'm sure one will drop you a private message to try and help out. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

BandOfBrothers

Hi @syzygy

I agree that Ivr Systems can sometimes be confusing to use and some do need to be made much more easier to be able to get straight to the department needed. These Ivr systems are built to try and ensure this happens which isn't always the case. 

I originally came to this forum for some help with a phone and the members here answered that query fast which then meant I didn't need to phone the customer service call centre or go online onto the chat facility. 

I can't speak for others here but personally I like to give something back when I've taken something. 

I come here to chat, help, advise and as importantly learn too but not in order to earn rank, badges or thanks but to give something back.

Every forum I've used or still used all have these structures which do play an important part. 

I like to think the forum Customer Services Team here and members are the 3rd Customer support team. 

I give my personal time happily because when I've managed to help someone who's exhausted their own knowledge to resolve an issue, and then come here for support and I / we manage to resolve the issue or steer them to further help I'm giving something back. 

Oh and I do still manage to get out - my Grandchildren make sure of that.  :Winking_smiley:

Forums are not for everyone I submit but are a fantastic source of knowledge and support. 

I encourage constructive criticism as by this a forum can grow and change.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

My 61 years have shown me that forums like this have a useful role to play in conjunction with live human interaction using either a webchat style facility or a phone call. The slightly veiled insults are of no concern to us and frankly detract from your message, which contains some ideas that have merit.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @syzygy,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way.

We do appreciate your feedback, and would like to help with any queries you have or issues that you may be experiencing with your account.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team directly.

Once we receive your details, a member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible to assist you further and to pass your feedback on to the relevant departments. With your feedback, we can improve our future customer service. We'd also like to resolve any issues that you may be experiencing.