Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g calling payg

Biz88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Thinking of joining Vodafone payg from EE as they have recently turned off a mast in my area. Just wondering if 4g calling is available on payg as I can't find any info on criteria for this. I know wifi calling is available on pay monthly only does anyone know if this likely be available for everyone soon?? Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Right now there is the information contained in this link for Calling Over Wifi > http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

It could be worth watching that page and Vodafones blog page. 

4G aka voLTE is a relatively new feature for Vodafone and is currently restricted to certain key cities and Sony mobile phone types at the moment I believe. I don't think it's a feature that wouldn't be offered to Contract or Payg imo. 

There is also Hd calling > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/benefits/high-definition-voice-calls/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

Post deleted - wrong info suppplied!

Annie.

I'm currently using a iPhone 7

Thanks for the reply I might hold off for abit then. Can't get a sim only only as my credit is not great. Shame really.

Annie_N

@Biz88

My apologies, I realise I was giving details about wi-fi calling, so please disregard my previous answer.

As @BandOfBrothers says, it's still early days for Vodafone with 4G calling, but I imagine it will grow once they are confident that they've got it working satisfactorily. It hardly seems any time since 4G data was restricted to PayM contracts, and fetched a higher fee, but now it's included as standard in all phone tariffs.

Of course, one of the advantages of PAYG is that you can try out a network at leisure, to make sure it has coverage that suits you. And there's no doubt that Vodafone does have very good coverage - none of the networks have very good coverage where I live (not enough people!), but I'm always amazed when I travel away by quite how good the coverage seems to be now in much of the country.