Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4gb extra data bonus

Kevin6062
4: Newbie
Hi I have the £30 big value bundle pack and have been receiving the 4gb extra data bonus for the last 3 top ups and my new bundle started on the 26th of December and so far I have not received the extra 4gbs of data. As far as I'm aware as long as I'm opted into the £30 bundle I will receive the extra data. Vodafone ow roll any data from previous month which I'm using but surely if they stop the extra data bonus they would of sent a message saying so. Hope Sony an hell me with this issue. Thanks
57 REPLIES 57

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@Anonymous

You haven't, by any chance, got a yahoo email address, have you?

I haven't the faintest idea why it should be the case, but sometimes yahoo addresses seem to get blocked by the form.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a phone call from yet another agent tonight, same story that I have already told, the agent cannot re-add the 4gb as it no longer appears to ordinary agents on the computer system, it needs to be someone with a higher level of access or else someone who has the sense or knowhow to reapply the original BVB tariff by another route - I already tried to explain this to several of the agents I have been in touch with.

Starting to get REALLY cheesed off, I only posted on here as Danni the Community Manager sorted this for another customer.  What is so difficult about just sorting out a customer's simple problem?

Agent said they would email me - they have not.

PLEASE Vodafone - do not tell me to get in touch again and then get yet another agent who cannot do anything to call me.  I just want someone who can actually reapply my 4gb to do it.  Thankyou

I also have been having the same problem over the last couple of months.

I opted in to the bvb offer, and I have not received my 4 GB of extra data the last two £30 top ups.

I have had to use my points to get extra data. I also had 6 GB of rolled over data, which was not applied to my account two- three months ago.

I received a text from Vodafone, saying they were adding my 4 GB of extra data 5 days before my bundle this month is due, but it is not showing on my account.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stuey45

Sorry to hear of the problems you've been having. Please have a word with our Pay as you go Live Chat team, or give them a call on 191 so they can have a look into this further for you. 

Hi, thank you for your reply,

Is it possible someone on here could deal with my issue? I have not had the best experiences with both the options stated, its ends up with either someone not knowing what I am talking about, or lying about certain terms and conditions, thanks.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stuey45

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

Annie_N
@Anonymous

There seem to be 2 issues here. Firstly the problem with the 4GB getting lost from some accounts, which Vodafone needs to address.

Secondly, getting you in touch with the Tech Team (Danni's team) to apply an immediate fix for your account. You didn't reply to my question about a Yahoo mail account - if you don't have such an account, I'd recommend a further attempt at the contact form. If you do have a Yahoo account, please say so, so that the Team can try an alternative means of contacting you.

You mentioned previously that your SIM isn't registered. Unless you have very strong reasons for this, I'd recommend registering - you'll be aware that having additional information on the account makes it a lot easier for Vodafone agents to help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's rocketmail which is indeed yahoo.  If they can't email there is no reason why they can't text me or send me a private message on this.  In any case this is not needed to sort my problem.  Having info on the account makes no difference whatsoever in this instance - I say this having worked as a Vodafone agent for the last year.  There is a particular computer system which they use and it used to have a full list of every possible tariff, extra, freebie, package or permutation that could possibly be put on any customer's account.  Many agents were abusing this and giving out things they shouldn't have been giving out so the list of options was severely restricted to normal agents and store staff not long before Xmas.  However other agents have a higher level of access or workarounds to sort out problems such as my own - as evidenced by it being sorted rather quickly for the other customer on this thread - all it needs is someone who knows what they are doing such as a Superuser ( a particular agent or manager in a contact centre who is trained to a higher level on this computer system) to take the time to help me, and I have already suggested to every agent who has spoken to me that they need to escalate this through their normal channels to someone in this way.  The last agent was going to email me to offer me a free 2gb for a month.  This is the standard option available to standard agents for resolution of minor problems when customers complain.  Though I think they should certainly give me this, plus my 1050 reward points and £10 credit I had to spend for extra data so far, I do not accept this as a resolution.  The resolution is to give me the allowance I am contractually entitled to under the PAYG BVB Terms & Conditions ie: 16gb, not 12gb, and as I have already mentioned, please SOMEONE at Vodafone get on this quickly and sort it out.  Thankyou

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous

I've checked the email address you have registered on the forum and I can't find any emails. 

Please clear your cache/cookies and submit the form in a new browser. 

Unfortunately we're not able to take personal details over PM on the forum.

However, if you have a Twitter account, please DM us your full name along with your mobile number and we can get in touch that way. Our Twitter username/handle is @VodafoneUKHelp.  

Thanks, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have resubmitted the contact me form for the third or fourth time, I do not have a Twitter account.

My number is on the submitted form and I have asked not to be called unless it is someone who can resolve the problem.  I do not want another pointless conversation.

I have now had to spend my reward points and top up an extra £20 to get more data, also the phone system will not let me buy another 2gb, this is getting VERY VERY frustrating.  I do not understand why, despite my repeated contacts with Vodafone though every means possible, they cannot sort a simple problem in a timely fashion.  Perhaps I should highlight it to the regulator and ensure my trouble is out there on social media.  Don't want to leave Vodafone as I consider the service to be reliable and the deals to be good however at the current rate a PAC is looking likely.

Whoever deals with this and views these posts - PLEASE sort this out or escalate to someone else who can if you can't.  Thankyou