Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Free calls??

angelica18
1: Seeker

Can you still get free calls over the weekend if you top up before friday midnight?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @angelica18

The free weekend Freebie seems to be no longer available.

Please see the Big Value bundles and Freebies on the link below.

Pay as you go with Big Value Bundles and Freebies

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi @angelica18

I remember that scheme, in particular trying to top up my mum-in-law's phone at the right time to ensure that she got the free calls on the right weekend, but it was withdrawn some time ago - possibly mid-2013, although tbh I'm guessing about the date.

The current offers are shown here, with the nearest equivalents to that old product being listed on the Freebies Tab. To get one of the Freebies, you need to opt in first, and wait for confirmation that your opt-in has "taken" before you actually to up.

Sorry @AnnS, I was off trying to find a more precise date for the withdrawal of the earlier offer, and I've only just realised that you posted as well! My researches didn't really get anywhere, as there was an earlier product (Free Weekends?) which involved using up £5 of credit during the week, and was then replaced by the £5 Weekend Freebie, and I can't make out the dates or sequence of events from the rather confused discussions that I could locate.