Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Get Pay As You Go SIM for international travellers

ahoffstetterp
1: Seeker

Hi! I'll arrive to London in a few days. Obviously i don't want to use a expensive roaming service fom my mobile operator. Could i get a prepaid sim while i stay in UK? If so, what are the requirements? (I have a unlocked-compatible devicewith your network frecuencies)

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ahoffstetterp

I hope you enjoy your stay here.  :Smiling:

Appreciate your phone is Unlocked to All Networks and supports Vodafones frequencies. 

Does it also support the Vodafone U.K. Bands ?

When you arrive in the U.K I'd suggest to either pop into a Vodafone Shop in the Airport if they have one or pop into a Vodafone U.K. Highstreet Store and they'll have you set up and running / activated and fully briefed on the Service before you leave the store.  :Winking_smiley:

Vodafone Sim Cards for Payg are also available in High street Discount Stores but as your new to the U.K and not fully aware of different options then buying from one of these probably wouldn't be beneficial. 

Vodafone U.K. Has two Payg Tariff Options...

Big Value Bundle.

Freebies. 

Info on both can be found in..

Vodafone pay-as-you-go-plans.

Vodafone U.K. Frequencies and Bands. 

IMG_0857.JPG

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@ahoffstetterp

You may also find it advantageous to opt in to Vodafone International, to reduce the cost of any calls you may want to make to your home country.

Go to http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/calling-abroad-from-the-uk/ and enter your country and Pay As You Go, to discover the extent of the possible savings.