Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Half Price Big Value Bundles

davidf20
4: Newbie
I received a text offer a few months back for 12 months of half price big value bundles. This was followed up with a reminder on 16/11 to say I needed to accept the offer via text by 18/11 before it expires.

I topped up on 18/11 and sent the activation text to 49201 only to receive the following reply:

We're sorry but the bundle we offered you can't be added to your balance. As an apology we have given you £2 worth of free credit for you to enjoy.

I was obviously not happy with this to say the least so logged on to live chat. They in turn told me to call 191 to get the offer activated. I called 191 and after a 30 minute call was told to call 49201 to activate the offer. I rang the number which didn't work so I called back again and was told by a different agent that he would activate the £10 bundle which he did.

I would just like some confirmation that I will now get half price bundles for the following 12 months as per the offer?

Thanks

Dave
28 REPLIES 28

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @davidf20

I'm not surprised your unimpressed with this. 

I'm a customer so cannot access your account.

However, The forum is owned and also monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so You know they are officially from Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @davidf20

If you have been promised half price big value bundles for the next 12 months, the best way to get confirmation is by using live chat.

They will have the necessary account access and you will be able to download a transcript of the chat for your records.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@davidf20 I confess to being a little confused about this, as the offer was mentioned on the Forum a few times in September, but with a closing date of 19th September, and a different short code for the reply. Was the reminder definitely about the same offer? A gap as long as 2 months between the offer and either the closing date or the reminder seems untypical, although obviously not impossible.

I was offered same deal, The £10 Big Value bundle for half price and I quote "You may want to opt in to 500MB of UK data for 30 days for only £5 each month by calling 34441 free from your Vodaphone mobile." Unquote. This was all set up over the phone and acknowledged by the person on the other end of the line on 20th Oct.

They tried to take payment for £10 big value bundle yesterday but I didnt have enought credit. Thank goodness cause the £5 deal seems to have  disappeared. I don't want the bundles. I just want to top up when it suits me now. But they are still trying to get payments for bundles.

Can't get into live chat.

Annie_N

@Berta

The "500MB of UK data for 30 days for only £5 each month by calling 34441" is just for the lower value Extra Data - see here.

It will renew every 30 days, unless you either opt out, or keep your balance below £5. You can opt out by texting STOP DATA to 49500. As long as you keep your balance below £10 for the next 7 days, you should be opted out of the Big Value Bundle.

But do be aware that, if you don't have an Extra, a Freebie or a BVB covering data, then you will be charged £2 Out of Bundle for mobile data on any day on which you use it - the costs soon add up. Have a look at both BVB and Freebie tabs here, to make sure you understand the various options available to you.

I am confused by these bundles. I just want to top up when I need as I dont really use my phone enough to justify using the minutes etc. I end up losing out anyway, because I still have minutes to use at end of month and they no longer count. Thank you for replying.

Annie_N

@Berta

Yes, it is potentially confusing, but the best way through the maze is to figure out an approach that usually works out best for you, and then just shrug your shoulders if some months you feel you'd have done better with some other option - it's always so much easier to be wise after the event.

My main use is data, although only modest amounts of that, so my usual strategy is to have the Freebie Data, but also to buy the £5 Extra Minutes for one month only if I anticipate making more than my usual number of calls, opting out before it can auto-renew. I never get through the full 100 minutes, but it only takes 17 minutes to break even on the deal, and any used out of the remaining 83 minutes are "bonus"!

My husband takes the opposite approach, being opted in to Freebie Minutes, but only going for the £5 Extra Data if he's going to be away from the domestic wifi more than usual.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@davidf20 Were Live Chat able to assist further with your query?

@Berta If you do wish to learn more about our Big Value Bundles and the options available, please find more details here

davidf20
4: Newbie
This was the reminder message.

Time's running out for claiming your exclusive half-price Big Value Bundle. Get unlimited UK texts, 150 UK minutes and 500MB UK data for 30 days for just £5. Don't miss out, text HALFBVB to 49500 by 18/11/16 to get your first bundle. Bundles last for 30 days and will renew using £5 of your credit. There's no ties - you can opt out at anytime if it's not for you. Terms see www.vodafone.uk/BVB. To end texts, send STOP to 9774.