Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help with Freedom Freebee not working

Rex_Masters
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everybody!

So basically, for a few years now. I've been signed up to the Web freedom freebee, I top up £20, and i get my allowance for the 30 days. What i do is use my allowance (which normally takes a few weeks) then I use my credit to still go online until my credit nears 0. Then i top up another £20. which until now has given me another allowance.

My top ups are way longer than 30 days apart, So i'm not just renewing the allowance. I'm getting a new one everytime i top up, but recently It just hasn't worked. Can someone help please

Thankyou everybody for your time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

I assume that @Rex_Masters has the old Freedom Freebee, where a top-up of a certain amount gives you an allowance of texts, minutes and data for the first 30 days, and you also get to keep the top-up. That was later cut down to the Text & Web Freebee, which I have, and which doesn't include an allowance of minutes. Now, all the currently availabe Freebies are just for one of the three strands.

There aren't many customers still on the old Freedom Freebee. Rather more still on the T&WF, but a number of us are having a problem that it doesn't seem to renew as it should, and we are having to contact Live Chat or CS to activate it. The agents should be aware of the older products, but, if not, don't let them persuade you to accept one of the new Freebies on the grounds that your existing product doesn't exist.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Is your £20 just sat there with no tariff chosen ?

Some good information in > Freebies-PAYG.

If your unable to opt into the freebie then Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat will be able to assist.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N

I assume that @Rex_Masters has the old Freedom Freebee, where a top-up of a certain amount gives you an allowance of texts, minutes and data for the first 30 days, and you also get to keep the top-up. That was later cut down to the Text & Web Freebee, which I have, and which doesn't include an allowance of minutes. Now, all the currently availabe Freebies are just for one of the three strands.

There aren't many customers still on the old Freedom Freebee. Rather more still on the T&WF, but a number of us are having a problem that it doesn't seem to renew as it should, and we are having to contact Live Chat or CS to activate it. The agents should be aware of the older products, but, if not, don't let them persuade you to accept one of the new Freebies on the grounds that your existing product doesn't exist.

I'm not sure what I'm on now then, because I literally opted out and then back in a few days ago, so text and web I think?

But yeah I've got like £26 credit, but no freebee. Should I talk to the live chat then?

Hello @Rex_Masters

Yes Live Chat or Customer service on 191 can help you with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N

@Rex_Masters If you topped up, then opted out because it hadn't activated, then opted back in again, you will almost certainly have opted in to the new product. When you contact Live Chat, do explain that the only reason you opted out was to try to activate the pre-existing Freebee - they may then be willing to reactivate the original Freebee for you.

If you have an online account, you should be able to see which product you are currently opted in to - under Manage Bundles and Freebies.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Rex_Masters,

Please keep us updated on this :smileyhappy: If you need any further assistance after speaking with us on Live Chat, let us know and we'll be happy to help you further.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Rex_Masters

We'll need to check your account, as @Annie_N and @BandOfBrothers have mentioned, to see what's happening. 

Please come and speak to us on Live Chat and we'll look into it. 

Thanks,