cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I find out details of which Sims I have used and when?

User1402
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I'm trying to unlock a phone but I only just found out about the 30 day rule. I have had 4 or so Sims from Vodafone for about 30 days and the phone (which was a replacement from Apple). But I have no idea which ones I put in the phone and when ...they have been take out put in other phones etc. Over this period... What are the rules? No one seems to be able to advise me. I am not sure if I can just keep trying filling the unlock form trying the various Sims each time...I also don't know if you put a SIM in 30 days back then took it out for the rest of the time and using other Sims in the phone etc....does that count? I got the Sims online sent to my address but I'm not sure if im registered as such as well? Eeek!
10 REPLIES 10

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@User1402

Either use an existing SIM, or get a fresh one, but you'll need some credit or a bundle on it, so that you can make chargeable use of it, and get the phone's IMEI firmly associated with the SIM that you are using. And you really do need to keep using that SIM, rather than doing a whole lot of swapping, or it might not be possible for the system to make the link. (You'll presumably have discovered, when swapping SIMs around, that doing so generates a flag on the Vodafone system and triggers a reminder to check/update your APN.)

There are major fraud issues around getting stolen phones unlocked, and all the networks are careful about this. The current 30-day situation is a relatively recent one, and actually represents something of a relaxation of the previous procedures, but Vodafone really does need to assure itself that the phone is being used in a consistent manner over this period if it is to initiate the unlock procedure.