Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to stop spam texts from Vodafone?

markedmonds
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've recently switched to Vodafone pay as you go and the signal seems good but I hate receiving all the spam texts from Vodafone about Rewards and Big Bundles.

I've tried sending STOP to the number they specify (9774). I've tried sending STOP ALL. No confirmation reply and nothing changes.

I've even tried forwarding the texts to the number Vodafone has (7726) for tracking and helping with spam, but it wasn't able to help me either.

If anyone can help with stopping these texts then I would be grateful :Smiling: Then I can go back to just receiving texts about things I care about.

41 REPLIES 41

The number is #14140661

But I have already got the PAC code and transferred my number.

It might be useful to find out why the texts couldn't be stopped though. I'm waiting to see if any continue even with a closed account :Smiling:

>>> I'm waiting to see if any continue even with a closed account

Ha nope - I have just received one!

And just checking I can't login to my account on vodafone.co.uk, I can't anymore. But I do get this popping up:

Untitled.png

Thank you, @markedmonds - I can see that our team raised this with our dedicated team for further investigation; they also opted you out of marketing; this can take up to 28 days to action fully on the account. 

If you continue to receive messages after the 28 days have ended, please reply to the latest email you've received from our team. 

As your contract has now ended, you won't be able to access your online account anymore - any queries can be discussed here, through Live Chat or over the phone however. 

Sarah

The last email I received, which was the one saying it would be raised with the marketing team, was on 26th Sept which is 33 days ago (more than the 28 days you mention).

Should I reply to them immediately? (They said they would contact me back when it was done).

Or should I wait another 28 days from now?

Or is there a different date you can see in your database and that I should wait until?

According to the help on your website my next step is suggested to be contacting the ombudsman since it has been nearly 8 weeks since I first raised the issue. (Currently 7.5 weeks ...)

Hi @markedmonds

I understand your frustration at this situation. Please reply today to the latest email from our team and we will look into this further for you. 

Louise

So I chased it up with your support team and got a reply on 4th Nov saying that as I have left Vodafone I would not receive any more texts: "As per our discussion as you have already migrated your number to the other service provider the services on your Vodafone account is already deactivated. So you will not receive any text from the Vodafone customer services."

And now 10 days later, guess what?! Yes a new text from Vodafone Rewards. "Make your points go further this Black Friday!". I have no points and have never had any points, what a joke. "To end texts, send STOP to 9774" - simply a plain lie.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@markedmonds I can see that you've emailed us on 14 November, we'll reply to your email as soon as possible.

It will NEVER EVER stop!  I have had several real life conversations with various people and they still keep coming.  I will leave VF as soon as I can and NEVER EVER return!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Cheekyoldcow If you'd like us to look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.