Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issue roaming in Greece

Veets77
1: Seeker

Hi, I'm currently travelling in Greece and my voice/text roaming is working fine, however I cannot connect to data services. I have over 1gb of data available and was working when I left London yesterday. I have reset the device network settings, manually added the suggested settings (pp.vodafone etc), but nothing helps. I have of course enabled roaming on the phone, but is it possible that the SIM itself has been blocked from roaming? I would appreciate any advice, I've been unable to get any assistance by phone ?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have all relevant bars been toggled off via your MyVodafone ?

Do you see any data connection icons such as 3G,H , GPRS etc in the phones status bar. 

Is mobile data turned on in the phones settings still ?

As a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at issue can you try your sim in another phone ?

As your roaming on a foreign network I think it's also worth mentioning that Vodafone wouldn't be able to guarantee everything will work as they understandably have no direct access to that network. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Veets77

If you are roaming on Vodafone Greece, as far as connection is concerned, there won't be any problems.

When you are roaming, you don't adjust or do anything to the data settings, they remain the same.  You also need to enable data roaming and make sure you have mobile data turned on, this is something you have done.

It might be worth checking your network mode and trying GSM and 3G and well as 4G and see if it helps.

Nabs

@Veets77 I was in Greece a couple weeks ago and didn't have any problems using my phone.
I had to manually enable data roaming on my device before it would work though, is it possible you haven't done this yet?

Some phones in the group had this setting on by default others didn't so I guess it's down to the manufacturer of the device to set the default state of it.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Did you get to the bottom of this one? Are you working now? I'm regularly between the UK and Greece and have never had any kind of issue roaming on vf GR.