Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Keep number from a different network.

diddy92
1: Seeker

Hi, 

I'm looking at swapping networks to Vodafone on PayAsYouGo. However I'd like to keep my current number from a different network. 

Obviously I need to top up a Vodafone sim card which will have a random number, but once I then contact Vodafone & give them my PAC code to swap to the number I want to keep, will I lose the credit I just topped up or will it just transfer over with the new number?

I hope that makes sense

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

You'll lose the credit - any balance you have will stay with your current network.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks so much for your reply. 
Sorry I don't think my post was very clear.

I don't have any credit with my current provider - The topped up credit I was referring to was the credit I would need to top up to activate my initial Vodafone sim card - I would then be transferring my current number over. This initial top up - would I lose it.

Hopefully that makes sense :smileyindifferent:

Thanks

jeffkinn

Sorry - yes that credit you'll keep I believe

@Annie_N can you please confirm or deny

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Yes, I do believe that, if you port your number in, that number is "superimposed" on the account you have already set up, and that any credit, or presumably an active bundle or Freebie, would transfer seamlessly to the new number

On some occasion I queried the sequence of events described on the previous Help pages, as I felt it might result in credit getting lost, but one of the Vodafone Tech Team assured me it was correct, and that CS were quite used to the procedures involved.

I'd suggest making a record of your balance, and the expiry date and remaining allowances on any bundle, just to simplify reconstruction if anything should go wrong, but my query clearly caused some surprise, so it must be pretty reliable.