Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LOST SIM

kimbo84
2: Seeker

Ive lost my sim n it has all my 2.900 points on it ive been saving them for a rainy day and really need them i have a new address too .

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @kimbo84

Providing the SIM is registered in your name to your online account, should there be any concern that the SIM may have been stolen or used by someone else, you should contact Vodafone to have the SIM blocked.

To get your replacement SIM,  call into a Vodafone Store they will soon sort this out for you.

It will be necessary to answer security question to pass data protection and you should have your new SIM with the same number and points when you leave the store.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @kimbo84

I can appreciate how stressful it can be when a SIM card / phone is lost or stolen. 

You have a couple of options. 

Ask Customer Service on 191 or Live Chat to post you a Blank Sim Card. Then once received you can perform the sim swap online via simswap. Appreciate not everyone can make it to a Vodafone store. 

If you can make it to a Vodafone Highstreet Store then they'll perform the Sim Swap for you. This process usually completes in a few minutes but can occasionally take up to 24 hours. 

If you do phone Vodafone to block your list sim they'll place a bar. It's important that they then remove the bar before your new sim will work. 

If your sim was in a phone when lost and it had security protocols like a sim pin which stops anyone inserting your SIM card in another phone to use it and your phone had pin code entry / fingerprint entry etc then hopefully your sim won't have been used by the finder. 

If it was in a phone then if you have insurance first report it to the police for a crime number and ask the network to Imei block it. 

I hope all goes well for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@kimbo84 You won't be able to use the SIM swap form, as you aren't able to receive a security code sent to the old SIM. Either a Vodafone store can do it for you, or else you have to have a blank SIM sent out to you by CS or Live Chat, then you have to contact them again once you have the SIM, and they will effect the swap for you.

COWELLGIRL21

Go in to Vodafone shop and get sim swap there dp it for u