Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Migrating mobile no. to new contract

Worcesterbloke
2: Seeker

Vodafone!.... Good at selling contracts and devices.  Network services and coverage, excellent! But your, incompetence in customer service defies belief!  In summary, I was PAYG, and when I visited a VF store I was sold a monthly contract (which suited me). My old mobile no. was migrated to the new contract the next day....great so far. Two days later the Ts & Cs were emailed to me and because there were a couple of conditions I did not want to accept, I cancelled the contract under the 30 day cancellation clause. (I don,t know why the Ts & Cs weren't shown to me at the time the order was signed, or it would not have been signed for). I made it clear to the advisor I spoke to, that I would be going back to PAYG and that I would like to migrate my mobile number to the new account as soon as possible. She said this would be done after the billing process for the pay monthly contract had cleared. Since that time, I have contacted VF using "chat" and phone, and I have been lied to, with them saying it would done, one saying it would be done in a couple of hours, to other advisors saying it would be done by the next day. Nothing has happened, and I now realise, they were deliberately lying to me to get me off the phone, and that if I should wish to pester them again with my problem, it would be a different advisor I spoke to. Looks like I'm going to have to learn a new mobile no. and advise all my contacts because of VF total incompetence until I find a provider that listens to it's customers. Even after replying to customer satisfaction surveys with the most negative of replys, no one seems to want to find out where the problems were....a lot of use those surveys are!

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Worcesterbloke

I can well understand why you'd be unimpressed.  :Sad_face:

Please let the Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and I'm sure they'll help you with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Worcesterbloke

When you agree a contract in store, the contract Terms and Conditions are given to you in the store and you would have signed the contract and agreed to the Terms and Conditions in store.

However, as you have returned the contract to the store making the return the same way as it was obtained, under the 30 day clause, something you are quite entitled to do, and move the number back onto PAYG, this is something the store should have actioned and Vodafone will be in the process of doing.  The advisor has explained that it is necessary to wait until the billing period has cleared.

Live Chat will be able to quickly look into this for for enabling you to keep a transcript of the chat for your records.  If you find you are going round in circles, give the Team time to get to the thread, they will be able locate the account and make sure it has been cancelled and the request made to return to PAYG.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Worcesterbloke - I’m disappointed to hear what’s happened with your number and how long it’s taking to get it back.

So my team can help further, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Hi AnnS, thanks for the reply, the point I made in my post, was that I was not shown a contract with ts & cs in store, an order form was raised and this was signed. The ts & cs were emailed to me 2 days later.

Worcesterbloke

Hi, on 19/7/2017, I posted my negative experience of trying to have my old mobile no. migrated to my new PAYG account, and what a debacle Vodafone was making of the whole situation. My hopes were raised when Gemma, a member of the "Fix It" team asked me to contact her via a private message , giving all the details of the case. This I did, but have heard nothing since, and am in a position when I either need to notify my contacts of my new number, or Vodafone reinstate my old number (preferable option). Could a member of the "Fix It" team, please be honest and tell me 'yes' your number can be reinstated or 'no' we won't do it! 

AnnS

Hi @Worcesterbloke

Did you reply to Gemma's PM sent to you on the 21st July using the routing code given when you emailed your reply?

You should have received an automated reply number starting with a # and five digits.  If you put the automated reply number on the thread, this will make it easier for the Team to locate your emailed reply.

With it being the weekend, you probably won't hear anything until the tomorrow/Tuesday.