Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Data?

Aakxatic
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hello, I'm a little confused here, can you help me out? I'm on pay as you go.. I've never been pay as you go before, anyway, I picked up a Vodafone SIM card from my local store, topped up my phone with a voucher, i am able to call out, make texts however I cannot use the internet.. It says that I haven't subscribed to mobile data? Or something along them lines, do you know how I would get it work? Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Have you also chosen a bundle which your top up pays for ?

i.e http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/pay-as-you-go-plans/

Ensure Mobile Data is turned on in your mobile phone.

If this is happening in one location then perhaps check the  Vodafone Network Checker using the Network Status tab. Also it's a good tip to use the Zoom Out feature in the map to check surrounding masts if yours are showing as OK. As problems with surrounding masts can have an impact on your local ones. 

You could try texting WEB to 40127 which sends you the APN Settings to your phone (if dupported) so you can set up the Internet. 

Some help FAQs Here and within the link is another saying 'Device Guides' in Red which may help by choosing your make and model of phone.  

Finally as the message your getting on your phone is one I've seen many times before it always leads to a Network issue so contacting Vodafone Customer service on 191 at 25p per call or Live Chat from a computer found in the Contact us link at the foot of the forum page may help as they can check your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

If you've not used your phone with Vodafone before (or used it on a PayM contract), almost certainly there will be a problem with your internet settings.

At present the device guides on Vodafone don't seem to make an adequate distinction between PAYG and PayM settings:smileyfrustrated: If you are still struggling, I find the information here much more accessible!

AnnS

@Aakxatic

Under you phone settings, access point names, you should see contract WAP and PAYG WAP.

If you make sure PAYG is selected, you should be able to access the internet.