cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My quest for a NUC code for my Vodafone Platinum 7 from Vodafone!

yoghurtbrain
4: Newbie

I have spent nearly 2 months and many hours on the phone to the Pay as you go team, all around the world, to obtain a network unlock code for my phone.

The complete ineptitude of the unlock team defies belief.

11 requests for a NUC, 1 by me via the internet and the other 10 by the PAYG team.

Lots of apologies and escalations which do nothing to get me a NUC code for my phone. On my last call to the PAYG team yesterday I decided enough was enough. I called and requested a 'letter of deadlock' as my nerves can take no more of this incompetence.

It does not surprise me that Vodafone, in the U.K. ,has been ranked the worst service provider for the last 4 years.

44 REPLIES 44

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

wow im.not surprised your frustrated at this. 

We have a Vodafone Team on the forum that can help people too. Please let them catch up with your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

yoghurtbrain
4: Newbie

I know what you mean, if a companies value was placed on their level of incompetence and sheer stone walling customer services then Vodafone would be the most valuable company in the World.

I have spent 2 months just trying to get a copy of the NUC from them. I have spent hours on the phone repeating the same thing time and time again. I wait for the result from the NUC team only to be given the same old excuses, 11 requests and 11 lame excuses.

NUC team, if it even exists, does not read any of the updates to the persons account. When a customer services person says they are going to escalate the matter it most probably means that they are just going to have a tea break after they finish the call with you.

I have never had to deal with such incompetence and blatant stone walling as I have had to endure from Vodafone. In my opinion it is an absolute aweful company who has no wish to put the customer first, second or third.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@yoghurtbrain

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, please contact customer service.

OK, so I took the bait and replied to the Tech team, who requested my account details to access my vfone account and sort this mess out.

That was on the 17/03/17 and on the 19/03/17 I receive a message from Carly in Social Media Comms stating:-

"As your full name isn't registered on the account, we're unable to complete full security.

You'll need to visit your local vodafone store with some identification so we can update this.

Thanks,

Carly Social Media Comms"

I went online to my vfone account, which also requires a code that is sent to my REGISTERED mobile on my account, to access my details.

On checking my details, both my name and full address plus the e-mail the vfone have been sending me messages is on MY account.

I had enough of vfone's incompetence before they had requested to help resolve the matter on the 17/03/17. I have replied to the message of the 19/03/17 from Carly with the following :-

Either 'Manually Unlock' my phone or send me a 'LETTER OF DEADLOCK'

I do not have either the patience nor the inclination to deal with this incompetence anymore.

My next, or any other mobiles I buy in future will certainly not be a vphone.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@yoghurtbrain

We do need to pass full security checks before we can enter your account. 

We'll be in touch as soon as we reach your email, to help further.

And the saga continues ---- After over 2 months of hassle from vodafone I had had enough. I requested a LETTER OF DEADLOCK, so I could pursue vodafone's unwillingness to unlock my phone with other groups.

I was contacted on this forum, as you can see, with the goal of resolving this issue. After several communications with vodafone's SOCIAL MEDIA COMMS department. I was advised the issue would be fixed - I insisted that they activate a MANUAL UNLOCK of my phone that does not require the NUC and or user intervention.

I received an e-mail from 'Matthew' from the Social Media Comms department on the 21st March 2017 at 10:12 hrs. He informed me that:-

Hi Philip,

We've raised a manuel, their spelling, unlock request for you.

This can take 72hrs to go through but we'll aim to resolve this as soon as possible.

We'll contact you again to let you know when it's been done.

Thanks

Social Media Comms

It is now the 24th March 2017 at 11:06hrs and the phone is not unlocked (I checked with a different provider sim) also no communications from vodafone at all.

I take it that they are not going to unlock the phone and have for the 3rd or 4th time, I forget how many times I have requested it, a LETTER OF DEADLOCK.

Vodafone you get the ultimate award for telling your customer's were to go from me.

So the Tech team merely fobs you off to the social media comms dept who do nothing more than pass the issue back to the NUC team.

End result same reply that I have had the last 5 times from them  -

They say the phone is unlocked and to put a different sim in and 5 times the PAYG team has gone back to them to say that the customer has tried this with multiple sims from different providers. The outcome is always the same the phone states:-

NETWORK LOCKED

This device is locked to s specific network.

Contact your service provider for (NO) PIN to unlock.

The phone is locked to Vodafone. How many times do I have to tell you that the phone is locked and I do not have the code. NUC have already stated the code has been supplied, but the code was never put in the phone.

The NUC dept has been advised 5 times by PAYG team that I require a code as I do not have it. If the code has already been supplied why are you making it so difficult to supply me with a code to unlock the phone.

These are the excuses from the NUC team for each request:-

1st req - IMEI incorrect (after the intial request I was unable to perform it again due to vodafones fraud policy)

2nd req by PAYG team after validating  and advising the NUC team by e-mail of this fact - IMEI incorrect

3rd req by PAYG team - IMEI incorrect

4th req by PAYG team - don't know model and make - this was on the original req for an unlock code and on all subsequent e-mails from the PAYG team to NUC.

5th req by PAYG team - phone unlocked put a different sim in.

The PAYG team advised the NUC team by e-mail that this has been done several times by the customer with multiple service provider sim's. The phone is locked to Vodafone. The customer is aware that the manufacturer has supplied an unlock code, but as he is not the original owner and the code was never input into the phone. The customer requires the code to unlock the phone.

6th req by PAYG team   -  as 5th

7th req by PAYG team   -  as 5th

8th req by PAYG team   -  as 5th

9th req by PAYG team   -  as 5th

10th req by PAYG team -  as 5th

11th req by PAYG team - as 5th

Now Tech team gets involved who passes it on to the Social Media Comms who just fob it off to the NUC team. They are supposed to do a manual unlock on the phone that Vodafone themselves can do without the need for the NUC code to be inserted by the customer. Did that happen, NO --- even after waiting the 72 hours it supposedly can take. Nothing I had to get back in touch with the!

So the end result of the Tech team getting involved and fobbing it off to the Social media Comms whio fobbed it of to the NUC team was this:-

YES, you guessed correctly:-

From Jordan, Social Media Comms

Hi Philip,

After checking this, it's showing that the handset is unlocked.

Please restart the handset again and try a different sim card in the device.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Jordan,

Social Media Comms.

I will now be taking this through the oumbudsman service as I believe Vodafone are willfully stopping me from unlocking my phone to other networks.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@yoghurtbrain

Apologies this hasn't been resolved for you.

As we're unable to discuss account queries on the Vodafone Community page, please reply back on the email thread.

Tech team, what possible reason would there be to contact your team again. All you did was pass the issue back to the NUC team who repeated the same excuse as the last 5 or so requests.

That being - put a sim from another provider in/ the phone is already unlocked!

If you bothered to actually read my vodafone account notes you would see that on at least the last five request ( of the 11 or more requests submitted) for an unlock code, placed by the PAYG team, they have stated that I have already placed multiple sims from different providers in the phone and all give the same result, THAT IS --------------------->

The phone states - NETWORK LOCKED

THIS DEVICE IS LOCKED TO A SPECIFIC NETWORK.

CONTACT YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER FOR [NP] PIN TO UNLOCK.

My request is for a copy of the NUC so I can enter it into the phone. 

I am at a loss as to why vodafone is being so inept in this request other than they do not want to unlock it, but don't have the backbone to actually say it to me.