Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay as you go, no incomming calls and SMS

Foxeh
2: Seeker

I have Pay As You go sim and have some issue.

- I bought the sim via third party person (bought it new)

- Activated the sim while in roaming (Russia, carrier MTS RUS)

- I had incomming SMS, but no incomming calls

- I asked chat advisor about it and after some changes, i lost ability to receive SMS from any persons, exept i able receive SMS from MyVodafone

- I sent my sim to the friend via mail (he live in the UK) and inside UK, my number doesnt receive calls and SMS too

- He sent my simcard back and now i with my SIM, which can make calls and SMS but cannot receive.

What can be wrong? If someone calling my number, they hear about that number is not in use and incorrect.

My Vodafone number is 075512*****

Is any way to fix situation? 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Please remove your phone number as this is a public forum. Flagged. 

I would suggest to double check that no roaming bars are toggled on in your my Vodafone. 

Also check that no number has been added to any relevant blocking facilities in yours or the recipient's phone. 

Lastly Vodafone UK cannot guarantee everything will work while abroad as understandably they have no control over a foreign network. 

It maybe an idea to use a local sim card as long as the phone is unlocked to all networks. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

No all barring enabled, it was redisabled by advisor, but as i told, my sim doesnt work inside the UK too. Only outgoing SMS/Calls. But no incomming

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Then that could point to the sim card being faulty or the phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ozzie999

Hey Foxeh! Did you solve the problem? I have a same receiving problem!!  I m in Turkey now, I can call&text all over the world but not receiving.

-I took out sim and reinsert and reboot but no conclusion end of it. 

All adviser said ''Try it and it gonna be work, try it and  itgonna be work, try it  and it gonna be work, I really bored this situation.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Foxeh

If you activated your SIM outside the UK, it may well have activated incorrectly. The standard advice is that the SIM should be in the UK when activated. Although it will sometimes activate corrrectly elsewhere, that can't be guaranteed to work. Sending it to the UK and attempting to use it there should fix the problem, but from what you say, it hasn't done so.

If Live Chat/CS haven't been able to fix the problem, then to save time I'd suggest getting your UK contact to get a new SIM, setting it up within the UK, making sure it hasn't got any roaming bars on the account, and then send the new SIM to you.