Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with rewards

Collinswood
2: Seeker

Has anyone else had problems receiving their reward code? I cashed in some points over 3 weeks ago for an Amazon voucher and have still not received the confirmation email with the relevant code. I have contacted Vodafone 5 times already (2 by phone and 3 online) and despite being assured my code would be with me within 48 hours I am still waiting. Getting very fed up now as wanted my voucher to do some Christmas shopping. any advice?

92 REPLIES 92

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

May I ask if you've checked any spam type in-boxes ?

Really Customer service via 191 or Live Chat should have been able to conclude this for you. :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Collinswood

Yes checked spam folders and also called 191 but still nothing!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Collinswood I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

i'm in the same boat, more than a week and nothing, change points for an 20£ argos voucher and the points gone but the reward maybe Santa Claus will bring on Christmas Day who knows

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @martinstribal, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Please follow the instructions and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible.

Still waiting and it starts smelling bad. Exchange it to use in black friday, gone, trying to use before cristmas, i don't think so. I start thinking I'am dealing with a third world company or maybe this is a kind of scam from you cause i check in internet and i'm not the only one with same problems

I'm still waiting! Had a call on 1st December promising I would get email 7-10 working days and still waiting. Had hoped to use for Christmas shopping but at this rate it will be 2017 Christmas. Been waiting since beginning of November! Really not impressed by this. 

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Collinswood

Did you email us using the link @Rahim provided? If so, let us know the reference number (#123456) from the automated reply.

Julie_Seal

Yes I have had exactly same problem twice,

(Looks like they took down my other  posts that I had posted,one of them being the dialog I had with an online help operative,in which he stated that there was an ongoing problem in redeeming Amazon vouchers with your rewards points i have added it to the end of this post)

I have since tried to redeem another Amazon £20 voucher, but never recieved it in email. They will tell you you have to wait upto 24hrs, then when you contact them they give you the run around,saying they will resend it,you wait another day, for same result ...nothing.(But your call will be logged as satisfactorally concluded)

Online help will guarantee to resolve it,then fob you off with a voucher code that on closer inspection is nothing like a correct amazon code. (But your call will be logged as satisfactorally concluded, after all, they do have targets to meet)

They will then give you the run around saying they have text you with a new correct code, which you will not recieve, or say they have emailed you it again ...you will not recieve it. (But your call will be logged as satisfactorally concluded)

They will probably then reinburse your points and ask you to use it to redeem something else (Argos vouchers in my first case,).(your call will be logged as satisfactorally concluded)

They will probably say they have added some points to your account for your trouble,again these never materialise.(But your call will be logged as satisfactorally concluded)

I had washed my hands with these incompetent, lying,  time wasters but it annoys me to see customers not being REWARDED, and that they have not put in a fix for what should be a very simple process of sending you a code,

However I do see they still advertise you can use your reward points to claim AMAZON vouchers, (the AMAZON word being the shiny new hook to catch potential  PAYG users).

The second attempt at redeeming an Amazon voucher resulted in same outcome ...recieved nothingbut with the following bonuses..

not only did they not credit my account with an extra 1000 points (compensation for my trouble as a valued vodaphone customer), but upon checking my points total i see they have charged me for the voucher I never recieved, would be comical if it wasnt so farcical.

I am missing at least 3500 points, vodaphone are missing a customer, but to be totally honest with you they can stuff it as far as it will go,

If anyones interested heres the conversation I had with online help, (ive highlighted the most interesting points).

This is the first time I tried to redeem an AMAZON voucher and is seperate to the above post,but i think you will get the general idea....oh and this is the 3rd and final conversation with online help over a 3 day period, the previous 2 told me to wait 24hrs each time, and  both times calls were logged as being concluded satisfactorally.

NOTICE THE TIME STAMP its now 9  MONTHS later and theres still issues !

Copy of your recent chat with Vodafone online chat service team.
General Info
Chat start time  Apr 25, 2016 7:07:10 PM EST
Chat end time      Apr 25, 2016 8:11:31 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time)      01:04:21
Operator      Sarang
Chat Transcript
info: Welcome to Vodafone!   You will now be connected with a service adviser. Your approximate wait time is 10 minute(s) and  42 seconds. .    We’re looking forward to assisting you today.  
info: Thanks for your patience - your approximate wait time is 9 minute(s) and  6 seconds.
info: Thanks for your patience - your approximate wait time is 6 minute(s) and  30 seconds.
info: Thanks for your patience - your approximate wait time is 6 minute(s) and  0 seconds.
info: Thanks for your patience - your approximate wait time is 4 minute(s) and  0 seconds.
info: Thanks for your patience - your approximate wait time is 4 minute(s) and  0 seconds.
info: Thanks for your patience - your approximate wait time is 3 minute(s) and  12 seconds.
info: Thanks for your patience - your approximate wait time is 15 minute(s) and  11 seconds.
info: Thanks for your patience - your approximate wait time is 10 minute(s) and  25 seconds.
info: Thanks for your patience - your approximate wait time is 10 minute(s) and  25 seconds.
info: Thanks for your patience - your approximate wait time is 6 minute(s) and  34 seconds.
info: Thanks for your patience - your approximate wait time is 3 minute(s) and  22 seconds.
info: Thanks for your patience - your approximate wait time is 3 minute(s) and  22 seconds.
info: You are now connected with Sarang.
Sarang: Hello, you're chatting with Sarang, how may I help you today?
julie seal: Hi sarang
julie seal: i still havnt recieved my amazon voucher which i redeemed 5 days ago
Sarang: Julie, let me check the details on your account.
Sarang: In order to assist you and access the account details, I will have to ask you a few security questions.
Sarang: Could you help me with your current balance along with the last top up amount and date?
julie seal: i dont have my phone with me at moment
julie seal: this is the 3rd time ive been here trying to sort this
Sarang: Julie, to check the details on your account. We would need to access your account and once we are able to access your account, we will get your problem resolved right now.
julie seal: lol ive heard it all before but here i am again,they asked me a security question last time,the asnswer is xxxxxxxx
julie seal: the place i was born
Sarang: That matches our records! Thank you for verifying your details.
Sarang: Kindly bear with me while I check your account details. I appreciate your patience.
julie seal: ok
Sarang: Thank you for being online.
Sarang: Julie, this is the redemption code Redemption Code:  xxxxxxxx-8ef8-4d17-997f-xxxxxxxxx
Sarang: Please check if it is working as I've confirmed and it seems there is some issue with the code and it is not working.
julie seal: what does that mean?
julie seal: should i try to add it to my amazon account?
Sarang: Yes, please try and see if it is working or not and if the code is not working, let me know so that we can add back the points.
julie seal: nope it doesnt work,theres to many numbers in it for a start,also the problem isnt the code itself,its i havnt recieved an enail of any description from vodafone after i redeemed my points
julie seal: all i want you to do is resend the voucher,but to my alternative email
Sarang: Julie, I completely understand your point and there is a issue going on with the voucher code for Amazon and even if you receive the email with the code, it will not work as there is issue with the Amazon codes.
julie seal: i thought there maybe a problem with my email account,but ive since completed a survey for vodafone and they sent me an email with 50 points to the same email i asked you to send the voucher,i recieved the 50 points in seconds,but not the voucher,its been 5 -6 days now and im losing patience
Sarang: Yes, I completely understand your point and Julie, there is no issue with your account as well as with your email address. There is an issue with the Amazon Voucher codes and the systems are not accepting the codes because of the faulty codes being generated.
julie seal: if theres a problem with amazon vouchers why didnt your reprasentative say something last night or the time before that,and why are you letting customers redeem them?
julie seal: ok so what do we do now?
Sarang: Faulty voucher codes generated and sent out to you would be more frustrating and annoying if it is sent and we are escalating the issue to the concerned team to get the option for Amazon Vouchers to be removed.
Sarang: Let me add back the points.
julie seal: is it just amazon vouchers or all vouchers?
julie seal: i could probably use an argos voucher instead
Sarang: The issue is with the Amazon Vouchers.
Sarang: If you wish I can redeem and send you the Argos Voucher.
julie seal: ok, well hopefully argos might have the gift im after
julie seal: could you just add the points to my account ithen i can see what other options i have
Sarang: Julie, I've good news for you!
julie seal: just in case they dont stock ehat im after
Sarang: Julie, I'll add points back to your account as well as send you the Argos Voucher.
julie seal: lol dont tell me amazon problem is resolved
julie seal: ok we can do that
julie seal: what do you need off me?
Sarang: Nothing. I've added 2000 points back to your account and have placed the request for Argos Voucher.
julie seal: can i just say sarang you are by far the best help ive had here so far
Sarang: Thank you for your appreciation and Julie, you would receive the confirmation.
Sarang: Thanks for choosing to use your Rewards points to get £20 Argos Voucher. Here is your code xxxxxxxxxx Exp. 01/03/2017. Please visit www_argos_co_.uk to reserve your item then go into store and pick up your item with your collection code.
julie seal: cool
julie seal: ty sarang
julie seal: one last thing
Sarang: Sure.
julie seal: will the amazon thing be resolved or wre you looking at withdrawing them completely for good
julie seal: coz thats the biggest reason i still use payg,its obviously a lot cheaper now for tariffs
julie seal: argos is ok but nowhere near the choice of amazon obviously
Sarang: Julie, to be honest, the issue is going on for sometime now and would not recommend to go for Amazon Vouchers and the issue would take time to resolve and if it does not get resolved, it cause you more frustration and annoyence.
Sarang: Yes, I completely understand your point.
julie seal: ok i hear you,your boss,s should stop customers redeeming them,i was going to leave if this wasnt recolved tonite,so i thank you my friend
Sarang: You are welcome and Julie, I personally apologize for the inconvenience and delay you had to face. I know how frustrating it can get sometimes when are following up.
julie seal: np, you take care
info: A copy of this chat conversation will be sent to xxxxxxx@hotmail_co._uk at the end of this chat.
Sarang: You too take care!
Sarang: Is there anything else I can do for you today?
julie seal: no thanks,i am grateful for your help
julie seal: goodnight
Sarang: Thank you for contacting Vodafone, please click here to end the chat