Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Purchasing Big Value Bundles problem

royer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

When I go to the Big Value Bundles and Freebies page on the Vodafone site it doesn't let me purchase an option. If I click an option e.g. £10 bundle and then click "Continue" it reloads the page and at the top it says:

Sorry, there seems to be a problem

You won't be able to add this product at the moment. - [1d1]

When it reloads it also expands the freebie options and asks me above the freebie "Continue" button "Please select a pack before you continue". This is annoying because I wasn't attempting to purchase a freebie... Could you please tell me if this a known problem and whether it going to be resolved?

If I top-up normally and text "BVB10" to 49501 will that do the same as it would have done through the website?

I have to say that in all the time I've been on Vodafone (years) the website has been one of the worst and most unreliable I have ever come across for any company I've ever dealt with. I really wish you'd improve on that.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @royer

If this was me I'd try clearing the browser cache and try again or try another browser.

I've not seen an influx of posts highlighting this issue your experiencing so cannot say wether it's just you. 

You could try the short code option or call 191 or use Live Chat. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the advice. I have cleared my cache and I have used both Firefox and Edge and the problem remains the same... It's frustrating because I like to top-up online where I can read all the options before purchasing. I will try the code next.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@royer

I'm not sure I understand where you are starting from in this - are you logged in to your online account, or are you at the generic top-up page? Can you give the URL?

It sounds rather as though you may be trying to do something that the system reckons you aren't eligible to do, like buying your next BVB before the existing one has expired, or switching from a Freebie to a BVB while the Freebie is still running.

Using those codes, BVB10 etc, is for when you want your next BVB to start early, and would terminate the existing one immediately. I'm not sure what happens if you use it when you haven't already got a BVB running. 

@Annie_N

My problem has since been sorted via Vodafone chat, or at least I managed to purchase a bundle through chat.

I don't know whether the website problem is sorted because the page I had the problem on now simply lists my bundle with a button that says "Opt out" . The page is the one you see if you are logged in to your account: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/myvodafone/faces/manageServices/freebies?_afrLoop=149431476615000&_afrWin...

After seeking help on this forum I topped up so that my account had enough money in it to cover the bundle purchase. I then tried texting 10BIGVALUE (I think that was what it was), but it said I couldn't buy one because I already had one, then paradoxically when I texted BVB10 it said I couldn't renew because I didn't have one to renew... In the end I sought help on Vodafone chat and the person at the other end applied the bundle to my account manually. In the process of doing that they did remove a freebie from my account that I believe was applied when I topped up £10, that must have interfered with the text purchasing method. However, I am pretty sure that I didn't have any freebies applied before that so it doesn't really explain why the website didn't allow me to purchase a bundle in the first place. I certainly didn't already have a bundle because I've never had one until now.

Annie_N

@royer

I'm glad that you got things sorted out eventually. I wonder if it was some unintended consequence of the recent "refresh" of the BVB allowances and the introduction of the new £5 BVB. The fact that you are now seeing the Opt Out button suggests that, whatever it was, it has now gone away.

If you have ever had a freebie in the past, that could also be part of the explanation as, unlike BVBs, they continue to exist in the background, and get triggered by your next topup. BVBs lapse totally if there aren't sufficient funds available for renewal within 7 days.

I'm aiming to switch to the £5 BVB when my current freebie expires, so I'm hoping it goes smoothly. As a light user living in an area of very poor data signal, even the £10 BVB looked a bit pricey, but I think the £5 version should suit me nicely.