Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re-using sim card

bjh
1: Seeker

I live in US.  When I traveled to London last year, I bought sim cards for a Samsung phone (voice, text, data) and ipad mini (data) at Vodafone store at Paddington.  They included plans that were good for a week or a month - can't recall which.  I am returning this year, and still have the same devices and I saved the sim cards.  Is there a way to "top off" the plans online so those cards will work again without having to visit a store?  Are there online instructions that tell me what settings I need to change to make the sims work (they had to change some settings when they sold them to me).  Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @bjh

Your only option here is to purchase new SIM cards on your arrival.

Due to the length of time the SIM cards have not been used, the numbers would now have been removed from the network.

When you purchase the SIM cards, you will probably find they are preinstalled with a bundle of calls, texts and data.  Please  see below.

PAYG Big Value Bundles and Freebees

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

Hi @bjh

Your only option here is to purchase new SIM cards on your arrival.

Due to the length of time the SIM cards have not been used, the numbers would now have been removed from the network.

When you purchase the SIM cards, you will probably find they are preinstalled with a bundle of calls, texts and data.  Please  see below.

PAYG Big Value Bundles and Freebees

BandOfBrothers

Hello @bjh

As from Vodafone T&C 

6. Suspension, disconnection and ending the agreement. 

1. You choose not to use the service for 180 consecutive days. Using the service means making any chargeable outbound activity such as making an outbound call (excluding calls to 191), sending an SMS, using data or topping up your account.
b. If we suspend the mobile equipment because you have chosen not to use the services (as de ned in 6a3 above) for 180 consecutive days we will send you an SMS notifying you that you should top up your account or make a chargeable outbound call (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS or use your data within the next 90 days.
If you then fail to make any chargeable outbound calls (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS, use your data or top up your account within 90 days from the date of the SMS because you have not kept to this agreement or not used the services for 270 consecutive days, we will disconnect your mobile equipment, and you will lose any credit held on your account.

From https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/contentdocuments/pay-as-you-go-terms-and-...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@bjh If you are flying into Heathrow chances are you will arrive at T2 The Queens Terminal.

To save you having to visit a Vodafone store there is now a shop in Arrivals to the Left of the seating area that sells SIM cards and plans for all the major networks, they're are open 6am - 10pm, that will save you a trip to a store.