Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Refund for returned phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having returned my new phone (bought for £185.00 online on 15th February) within the agreed period to receive a refund, I am still waiting for the said refund.  I have spent some time trying to resolve the matter using the Chat option on the website, but they told me to phone a number for refunds, but I have so far not been able to get through to anyone on this number as all menu options seem irrelevant to this problem.

I am of course very unhappy with this state of affairs.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Has anyone from Vodafone confirmed the phone has been signed back into their returns department. 

If you have access to a Vodafone sim please ring 191 or Landline Tel :03333040191. If you don't have a live mobile number to input when prompted then ignore the prompts and on the 4th prompt it should change to say press 1 for payg or 2 for Pay Monthly. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Anonymous

The refund should have been processed within a 30 day period and returned to the same card the payment was made from.

Live chat should be in a position to confirm the return of the and when the refund has was actioned.

If you don't get any satisfaction with Vodafone, the other option would be to raise a dispute with your bank or credit card company, get the money returned that way and your your bank or credit card company chase Vodafone for the money.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried online chat but they said that they couldn't help and that I should phone 191. So I phoned, but there were no relevant options after choosing payg. I pressed more or less random numbers until I was put through to a real person. This turned out to be Sales - maybe they thought I wanted to buy something; Sales said they could see my account and the order had been cancelled, then put me through to Customer Care, I spoke to someone there who said they were going to credit the account , then put me on hold for 20 minutes, then a different person picked up and said ""what was my enquiry?", then several minutes later said "sorry, you need Sales, but they have just closed so please ring back tomorrow".    What next?

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous

It's a shame to hear about your experience. 

I've sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in contact with us.

Once received, we'll be happy to look into this further for you.