Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Removing BlackBerry internet from extras

Human_8nimal
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I'm having trouble removing BIS from my extras on PAYG. I've tried going into my account via the internet and even though it says it's worked it hasn't. I've tried 2345 and there doesn't seem to be an option to remove it. I need it to be removed by next week because I don't want to be charged for a service I no longer require.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I would suggest using Live Chat or ring Customer service on 191 @25p per call if connected to an agent on payg. 

They have account access to be able to help. 

Contact Us

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@Human_8nimal

If BIS is no longer active on your account, you will probably find it has been cancelled but will run its course and not be renewed for the following month.

The only way to make sure it won't be renewed next month is to use Live Chat or call.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

According to this page, you can opt in to BIS by calling  40035. It's usually possible to opt out of an Extra by calling the same number that you call to opt in. The last time I opted out this way, it worked fine, but I was a little concerned that the system seemed to say that I was opting in rather than out!

Annie_N

I was just calling 2345, trying to discover some other information about my account, and realised that BIS could be accessed by that route. It seems to be option 2, followed by option 3, followed by option 6.

I've returned to this thread mainly for completeness sake, to help future readers of the thread. I'm not sure that you should now try this yourself, @Human_8nimal, as there has to be a danger that, by trying too often to switch off the Extra, you could end up turning it on again. As @AnnS says, if you have cancelled, the current month should run its course, but not renew itself.

Either you could try Live Chat now, so that they can inspect your account and if necessary switch off the service. Alternatively, if you feel that you have switched it off, leave it and check next week that it hasn't renewed - if it does renew, go to Live Chat at that stage, and ask them to switch it off properly and refund your £5.