Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rewardz scam - never able to redeem my points

danicali
2: Seeker

I'm beyond fed up. I have been a vodafone customer for years and every time I try to redeem my points, something goes wrong and i never get the reward. Today, I have tried to get the £20 amazon voucher, but the system will not send me the 8 digit passcode no matter how many times i try.

previously, i had redeemed phone credit, and never got it. when i went into a local vodafone shop, the manager refused to help me as he claimed that I had gotten my reward, when I had not done.

has anyone else had problems redeeming or receiving rewards?

starting to think this is one giant scam

26 REPLIES 26

Mrsbilko
I have had same issue, spoke to live chat and was promised data ordered would be added. Still waiting 24 hours and more have passed .

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@Mrsbilko

Where are you looking to see whether it has been added?

In my experience, none of the Rewards Bonus Bundles ever show up on the MyVodafone app, so no point looking there.

If you have registered for an online account, you should be able to see your balance and full details of your current Bundle or Freebie, as well as of any Extras and Bonus Bundles. If you haven't registered for an account, well worth doing so, go to http://www.vodafone.co.uk/myvodafone/faces/home and choose the Register option.

Another place where you can get the details of your current position is calling the 2345 creditline. It will immediately give you your balance, and details of your current bundle or freebie, but it probably won't give you details of bonus bundles - to get the full picture, you have to choose option 2, followed by option 1, and then by option 1 a second time. That will give you the full picture, but in my experience the expiry dates are one day too high, so be cautious of those.

Not very satisfactory to have to go all round the houses like this, but the information is hiding somewhere. I just wish that Vodafone could make it a little easier to find it.

marvinsparvin

I just tried to redeem some points for an Amazon voucher for £20 and it has given me a useless Vodafone shop voucher for £20.  Really not happy as  I will never use this!!

Annie_N

@marvinsparvin I'd suggest contacting Live Chat, and asking them to cancel the Vodafone store voucher, and either issue you with an Amazon voucher, or reinstate your Points so that you can claim the correct voucher.

Thanks, I did that and got sorted out.  Just have to wait for a couple of days for the points to be reinstated and hope that it doesn't happen again.

Annie_N

@marvinsparvin

Please post back here if the same thing happens again - if there's a crossed wire developed somewhere in the Rewards claim process, it needs to be addressed soon, or there could be some very frustrated customers struggling with their Christmas shopping plans!

Still waiting for points to be reinstated, the helpful man did the form for me on Wednesday at lunch time and said it would be 48-72 hours.  Well over that now, Got the Amazon voucher earmarked for something which is why I want it to come through. I could have done it by phoning 191, but couldn't at work.

Hi @marvinsparvin

Please give Live Chat a go so that they can take a look into this for you, if it hasn't come through by now, it could mean that there's been an error somewhere down the line that's prevented this from going through.

Our apologies for the inconvenience to yourself.

Thanks,

Viki

Lawacakes

I redeemed 5000 points for my mummy to get her a new phone. I received the redemption code, but the store refused to give me the phone. They also refused to refund my reward points.

Annie_N

@Lawacakes Did the store give you a reason for its refusal? If they had the phone in stock, that seems pretty unreasonable.

A store would probably not be able to reinstate your rewards points, but Live Chat should be able to do so.