Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM Card

DaveSpherical
3: Seeker

Why is my SIM being described as 'Invalid'. The phone is an is5S was Orange but was unlocked before I got it some 2 months ago.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Is your Vidafone sim activated ?

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. 

Your phone may not be properly unlocked. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

DaveSpherical

The two SIMs I have are not compatable. There appears be a lot of traffic on the Vodaphone site tonight. I have a

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.

Response from them I'll try again tomorrow and look up an alternative network for my second phone, so I don't get caught out.

What Vodafone page are you accessing to get that message ?

Current Phone  >

I got that trying to register my phone. As I recall that was the same message I got the last time I tried weeks ago.

Also I note all the Chat operators are unavailable and I gave up waiting for a response from from the Talk line.

A person is unable to activate a Payg SIM card online. 

Call 17298 to activate your Payg SIM card and to buy your first big bundle.

Also from a landline use 03333048069 or from a working phone with a Vodafone sim in call 191 @25p per call if connected to an agent. 

Or use Live chat from a computer. Clear your caches and cookies and or try another browser. Sometimes browsing the Vodafone shop and choosing a highend smartphone invokes the chat window.  

Current Phone  >

AnnS

@DaveSpherical

If you are getting the message 'invalid SIM' it means the phone is locked to an alternative network, and will need to be unlocked before you are able to use the Vodafone SIM.

If the phone was previously unlocked, it was probably not done officially by Orange and has now relocked after the IOS was updated.

Vodafone can't help you with this, only Orange can unlock the phone.

As far as you SIM card registration is concerned, depending on where you got the SIM cards, they may already be active and it will only be a case of topping up and making a quick chargeable connection.

As soon as this has been done, you will be able to register the SIMs online.

During a 'chat' I was asked to remove and refit the sim. I had done this previously without effect. However on this occasion it worked??

Gremlins!!!!