Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The number is not recognise

Berliner91
1: Seeker

Hi there

I am a Vodafone UK pay as you go customer. I bought a Vodafone SIM card in last week and do have a big Problem. 

I am unable to top up online. I get the same message that there is a problem with the vodafone site. I too can top up via phone, and can make outgoing calls or write text messages, but can not receive calls or texts, from a BT line I get "This number is not recognised" and a constant tone when calling from a mobile

please help me

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Berliner91

It sounds like the sim has been activated if you can top up by phone and make calls and send texts. 

Is this an issue to all contact numbers or specific ones ?

Does this happen in one place or everywhere ?

Please check that your phone has no particular numbers added to any call or blocking feature and ask the other people to check their phones. 

Have you moved a mobile number from another Network to Vodafone using a Pac Code ? If so and it's been a few days since the agreed move in date this could be a case of a Split Port. Customer service via 191 or Live Chat can escalate to the Vodafone Porting Teams. 

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. 

If the above tips do not resolve this then If this was my situation I'd visit a Vodafone Store to ask them to try the SIM card themselves and if necessary have them give me a new SIM card with another Vodafone Payg number (that's if a port from another Network to Vodafone hasn't been the case ) and start again. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I tried everything! It's not working and no this number is not been ported or something like that. Please help me to get this fix 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Berliner91, apologies for the delay in reaching your post. 

I've sent you a private message so we can look into this further for you. Once we receive your details, a member of the team will be in touch to help.