cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Urgent complaint --- Vodafone is stealing / not returning my money!

Changg
4: Newbie

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to make an urgent complaint --- Vodafone customer service is stealing / not returning my money!

I am Vodafone customer of more than 10 years and have £50.05 in my account. I started working abroad in East Asia at the beginning of November 2016. I have tried using my PAYG sim many times since then, but it never worked.  On 20 February, customer representative “Eric” confirmed “PAYG sim can NOT be used in these countries East Asia” and advised me to request a refund from your refund team.

So I contacted refund team immediately who confirmed you would process full refund asap. However as I did not receive it at all I kept in touch with vodafone customer service, who asked me to wait for the process.

However today, one advisor name “sousa” said your refund team rejected to refund and claimed it was because my last topup of £10 was not from my bank account, which equals stealing money from customer! Therefore I must make an Urgent complaint here ---

I have this accumulated credit for a long time, which had been from my finance for sure. It does include last topup of £10 which was a refund from my complaint on receving wrong product in store in June 2016. However all money including £10 is from my account, which therefore belongs to me.

I have to point out you cannot take a customer’s money in this stealing way, this is against law. Also this latest customer service representative “sousa” who gave me this irresponsible / unprofessional answer has been most impolite and in answering my calls, who even refused to give her name!

I am very unhappy with this bad quality customer service: after having contacted Vodafone for more than 15 times since February, my issue is still unresolved and most recent advisor’s response is against law. I will have to consider legal solutions if Vodafone do not resolve my complaint / return my money properly as soon as possible.

As my sim receives no signal, please call me back at numbers attached.

21 REPLIES 21

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Changg I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
The PAYG Ts&Cs have always specified that topping up alone would be sufficient to avoid disconnection, but in the past a chargeable activity was also required. However, I believe that it is now adequate just to top up. I have queried this, and been assured that it is the case. I assume it's a consequence of the Ofcom ruling, and also the tragic cases that arose in part from the old situation.