Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone UK Plans and ADD-ons available for overseas visitors

seekwn
1: Seeker

UPDATE: Leaving NZ on Sunday 28 May 2017 and arriving in South Wales area soon after.

Hi.

I am in New Zealand and have at present a Doro Liberto 820 mini smart phone on the Vodafone NZ network.

I am hoping to return to the UK (I am UK born) within the next few months.

Can you please answer these questions for me?

(1) Do you know if my Doro Smart phone would be locked here and would I need it unlocked to be on the Vodafone UK network?

(2) Here in New Zealand, I am on a "Supa Prepay plan. This gives me each month as add-ons the following:
(a) 3 Best mates ( each give me 1000 mins and 1000 texts to a Vodafone NZ number at a cost of NZ$6) for NZ$18.
(b) TXTNZ-5000 texts to any NZ mobile number for NZ$12.
(c) INTLTXT-100 international texts to any network in 30 countries for NZ $8.

Are there any similar plans and Add-ons in the UK please?

(3) Probably arriving in the UK at Heathrow Terminal 2- does SIM LOCAL sell what ever SIM CARD I need and can advise on the plan to use etc. or do I need to go to a Vodafone UK shop please?

Thank you

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Alistair Clarke
Levin
New Zealand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @seekwn

1, Typically phones supplied by a Network are locked to them and require some form of criteria to be met before they'll unlock. Some Networks also charge. You'd need to contsct your Networks Customer service for clarification. 

2, Vodafone Uk has two Payg Options called Big Value and Bundle. The information for these can be found in > Vodafone Pay As You Go options.

Pay As You Go Extras / Bolt On's can be found in > Vodafone Uk Payg benefits/extras.

When you've been in the Uk for a while and set up Uk Bank Accounts, registered etc then you maybe in time be able to apply for a full Pay Monthly Contract or Sim Only Contract which may offer better services for you. 

3, I would really suggest going to the most local Vodafone Shop as they'll be able to properly go through options such as Tariffs and benefits and usually have you all topped up and set up before leaving the shop. 

We do have discount Highstreet shops that sell SIM cards but they won't be able to properly advise on what's best but just take your £1 and off you go to activate it !

Tip > As well as ensuring your phone is Unlocked to All Networks I would also advise to check the Frequencies and Bands of your phone to check if the Vodafone Uk Network maybe able to support it. 

I say maybe because even if the phone looks to be able to work Vodafone Uk wouldn't be able to provide support for what's essentially an imported phone not primarily released to work on the Uk Network. 

IMG_0857.JPG

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

Hi @seekwn

1, Typically phones supplied by a Network are locked to them and require some form of criteria to be met before they'll unlock. Some Networks also charge. You'd need to contsct your Networks Customer service for clarification. 

2, Vodafone Uk has two Payg Options called Big Value and Bundle. The information for these can be found in > Vodafone Pay As You Go options.

Pay As You Go Extras / Bolt On's can be found in > Vodafone Uk Payg benefits/extras.

When you've been in the Uk for a while and set up Uk Bank Accounts, registered etc then you maybe in time be able to apply for a full Pay Monthly Contract or Sim Only Contract which may offer better services for you. 

3, I would really suggest going to the most local Vodafone Shop as they'll be able to properly go through options such as Tariffs and benefits and usually have you all topped up and set up before leaving the shop. 

We do have discount Highstreet shops that sell SIM cards but they won't be able to properly advise on what's best but just take your £1 and off you go to activate it !

Tip > As well as ensuring your phone is Unlocked to All Networks I would also advise to check the Frequencies and Bands of your phone to check if the Vodafone Uk Network maybe able to support it. 

I say maybe because even if the phone looks to be able to work Vodafone Uk wouldn't be able to provide support for what's essentially an imported phone not primarily released to work on the Uk Network. 

IMG_0857.JPG

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you Band of Brothers for your prompt and very helpful reply . it was just what i needed. So no more replies please any one else. I have all i need now. Thank you.

If i knew how to award you for your reply i would have given you at least 75 points.

Thanks again

Alistair

seekwn