Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone app "fee"

ImpotentRage
1: Seeker

I recently updated the Vodafone app. It now asks me to turn off WiFi and use mobile data for a one off setup.

As a payg customer, using mobile data costs money. (Even if it is just a daily charge).

Why should I have to set it up again? 

This is a shameful way of extracting money from payg customers. 

How much will this bring in for vodaphone? 💰

Disappointing customer treatment.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ImpotentRage

You will receive this message when the application has been updated.  If you are using WiFi, for the first time after update, Vodafone won't be able to identify your account.  After which time you can use a WiFi connection.

There is no data charge for accessing the My Vodafone Application, it is free to use as much as you would like using your mobile data connection.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@ImpotentRage

While there is no charge for the data used when accessing the app, it is absolutely essential that, before turning on mobile data, you ensure that your phone won't take advantage of the data connection to do any updating.

Mostly you can do this by the settings on your phone, and also on the Play Store, but I have a couple of manufacturer apps on my phone that seem to be independent of both settings, and the only way I've found to deal with this is to make sure that it has done its update over wifi before switching to mobile data.

Another possibility, if you have a spare stock of Rewards Points, is to use 100 Points to purchase a 2-day 50MB bundle - but make sure that it is in place before you switch to mobile data.

63johnw

Hi @ImpotentRage this is not a new feature, this has always been the case on setting up the app.