Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone for Multiple Countries

llcooljayce
1: Seeker

Hi guys, 

I am a Canadian about to travel on vacation to Turkey, South Africa and Brazil and I am looking for solution to stay connected.  Data is the most important feature that I am looking for followed by text and calling.  

Does Vodafone have a solution that would allow me to have 4G data speeds and some call and text features on a pay as you go plan?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Payg information Here and abroad information Here.

This is for Uk Vodafone Payg. Ensure any abroad account bar is lifted on the account. 

Another option if your phone is unlocked to all networks is to use a local SIM card from the countries you visit.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@llcooljayce

As you'll have seen from the links provided by @BandOfBrothers, this is going to be pretty expensive, apart from Turkey. But I'm also wondering whether it is actually feasible.

Assuming you're passing through the UK, en route to your destinations, you would have to spend a little while here, activating your SIM and making sure everything was set up corectly, and that there weren't any roaming bars in place, which would involve either Live Chat, or phoning CS between 8am and 9pm, in order to speak to an adviser. Edited to add that activating your SIM, while it may sometimes work when overseas, can only be done reliably when connected direct to the Vodafone UK network.

Also, although you would have no problem with topping up while in the UK, you would have a lot of problems trying to do so from outside the UK, unless you have a UK-based credit card, with a UK postcode. Or someone in the UK willing to top up on your behalf.

Whatever deal your present network offers, I can't help feeling that you'd be better with that than with what Vodafone UK can offer for PAYG.