cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why Bother Having a Vodafone Sale When Items Were Not In Stock?

4: Newbie

I've been trying to buy a LG G4 either online or via a high street store on payg for the price of £225.

Surprise surprise there's no stock to be had anywhere, nobody can tell me if or when they will be getting any stock in. And of course when the sale ends that's when stock will arrive and the phone goes back upto £480.

But I then notice there's plenty of stock for pay monthly.

Why can't they transfer pay monthly handsets to PAYG?

Everytime there's a sale on they never have stock in. This is not the first time this has happened, remember the LG G2 debarcle from Black Friday 2014.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Good Morning @87015

I typically have the same circumstances when I go to buy my iPhone from the  store when they have launched a new model. 

There is a different pool of stock of Handsets for Payg to Contract. 

Opening up a Contract is more beneficial to a Business whether it be a Network Store or an Independent Mobile Phone Shop. It sounds simple enough to move stock from one pool to another but this isn't the case sadly. 

The stocking levels do change very quickly so I will say do keep checking as I'm sure you already are. Sometimes it's possible to raise an online order for a handset for the cost and it sits on an out of stock order waiting to be released when it comes into stock. 

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

True, but I am actually a pay monthly customer. Just wanted to buy the phone outright instead of having to upgrade and spend another £20pm on my tariff.