Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

can't receive calls

dkmi
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I need an UK number in Bulgaria, so I ordered a SIM card on ebay.

There is no problem to make calls after my 1st 10GBP topup, but can't receive any calls to my number ([MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content please see community guidelines])

There are no call barrings or forwards.

When I try to call my number from another phone it is not possible, just "busy" signal received.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Usually the Vodafone U.K. sim card needs to be fully activated while in the Uk. Roaming needs to be activated too on the account. 

Unfortunatley as Vodafone U.K. has no control over a foreign network it cannot guarantee everything will work. 

Can you perhaps try manually choosing another network in the phone settings and then try again or re choose the network you were originally latched to. 

Its always worthwhile chrcking in the online myvodafone that no bars are toggled on. 

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone.

You could try talking with Vodafone Customer service. 

From your Vodafone mobile

191 in the UK
+44 7836 191 191 from abroad
Calls are free for Pay monthly and Pay as you go customers

From other UK landlines or mobiles

03333 040 191 in the UK
(standard call charges apply)
+44 7836 191 191 from abroad
(standard international call charges apply)

Live Chat is primarily for use in the U.K. but has been known to work while abroad. 

A good tip if abroad is : If possible download the Skype app and add perhaps £3.99 credit to call from that.
The number that is suggested to use is +44 333 304  191

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.

Can you perhaps try manually choosing another network in the phone settings and then try again or re choose the network you were originally latched to. 

Already tried to register my phone to another network - same result witn both 3 networks here - no problem to make calls, send&receive texts but still can't receive calls.

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone.

Tried, same result.

BandOfBrothers

Ok and thank you for advising you've tried some of the self troubleshooting tips. 

Maybe the other tips will help. 

As I mentioned Vodafone cannot guarantee everything will work when roaming. 

More Official help and advice in this link > vodafone U.K. and travelling-abroad.

Roaming Partners I believe are....

Mobiltel EAD
GSM 1800 - Live

Telenor Bulgaria EAD (Telenor)

LTE 1800 - Live

Bulgarian Telecommunications Company EAD (Vivacom)
LTE 1800 - Live

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @dkmi

Although you are able to make calls, there is a incoming roaming restriction bar on the SIM by default.  The only way to get the restriction lifted is by contracting Vodafone on +44 7836 191 191 from any other phone.

For the SIM to be fully activated, usually the first call on a PAYG SIM needs to be done on the home network.  You will also need a UK card to apply any top up credit.  

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@dkmi

If you have managed to set up an online account for your number, you may be able to remove the bar for yourself. There is a bewildering array of bars, but "Call and text bar - incoming only" sounds like the one you need.

Bars.JPG

If you haven't set up an acount, see the notes here on doing so.