Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

cancelling a £10 big value bundle

Wuantim
2: Seeker
Right, I want a £20 big value bundle but I have a £10 one active at the moment. If I buy the £20 one will that add onto the £10 or what? Or if that doesn't work then how would I cancel the currently active £10 big value bundle WITHOUT having to wait until it expires??
6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Your current big value bundle will be active for the 30 days it has to run. 

I believe if you change tariff now then the £20 will kick in on your refresh date. 

You could ask customer service on 191 or live chat to see if they'll manually change the tariff but you will probably lose any remaining allowances on your current £10 bundle. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Wuantim
So if I buy a £29 big value bundle then activate it the £10 one won't be active and the £20 will be?

Wuantim
So if I buy a £20*

BandOfBrothers

The way I understand it your currently running £10 Big Bundle will continue until it's refresh date as indicated in your myvodafone. 

You can if you wish instigate a change of Big Bundle now which would come into effect on your next refresh date. So on the refresh date £20 would be taken instead of £10 and the appropriate allowances given.  

If you wish to circumvent this and have the change before the refresh date you could ask Customer service as advised. Again I think you would lose any remaining allowances you've paid for. 

Current Phone  >

For further clarity. 

Big Value Bundle T&C's

"If you don’t want your Big Value Bundle to automatically renew, you’ll need to opt out by calling 2345 free from your Vodafone mobile. You can end the automatic renewal at any time within your 30-day period.

You can also change the denomination of your current Big Value Bundle.

For example, you can have a £10 Big Value Bundle for 30 days and a £20 Big Value Bundle for the next 30 days. To do this, you’ll need to opt out of your current Big Value Bundle and re-opt into the new amount. If you opt out or change the denomination of your Big Value Bundle, your current Big Value Bundle will expire on the 30th day.

Any unused UK minutes, texts or data won't carry over when your 30-day period expires. If you exceed your UK minutes, text or data allowances or don't have a Big Value Bundle allowance on your account, our Pay as you go Simply pricing terms will apply for the remaining 30 days.
During the 30-day period you can't:
cancel or buy an additional Big Value Bundle (don't forget that credit on your account will be used to renew your next Big Value Bundle for the following 30-day period)
"

Current Phone  >

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Wuantim

It's absolutely essential that you should have opted out of renewal of your present £10 BVB before it expires. When I last did this, I had to wait until the old one had expired before I could buy a new one at a different value - but that was some time ago, and it may now be possible to set up a new one in advance at a different price. The Ts&Cs which @BandOfBrothers quotes seem to suggest that.

The Ts&Cs suggest doing this via 2345, but I have to confess that I sometimes find it hard to figure out the options when they are being recited to me! I've tended to use my online account - it should be under Current Usage, then Bundles and Freebies. I don't have a BVB currently, so I can only see the options for the Freebie that I have, but that would probably be your best starting point.