Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lost credit

gary73
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

my vodafone v6 plus was playing up so did a factory reset now my phone credit i had in has gone 

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Please double check your myvodafone to check your credit.

It may have been used for your refresh of tariff or mms texts etc. 

A Factory Reset of your phone would in No way lose any top up credit.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can check your account.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

it happened twice so far since i got it 1 year 6 months

BandOfBrothers

Hi @gary73

What's happened twice ?

1. You've had to Factory Reset ?
  2. You seemed to have lost Credit ?

I see you mentioned in your first post what phone you own but for clarity can you provide the full make and model please. 

Current Phone  >

i have a vodafone smart ultra 6

lost credit had to do a factory reset as i couldnt send pictures as it kept telling me to go to settings about a overlay which it has never done that before and only put £10 credit 2 days before 

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@gary73

Do you have a Big Value Bundle, or one of the Freebies? Or are you just running on standard PAYG, i.e. paying for calls, texts and data out of your credit?

I still don't really understand what can be happening, but something to do with an "overlay" sounds potentially data-heavy. Is you phone giving you a measure of your data usage?

Failing that, have you tried calling CS on 191, or using Live Chat, to see if they can give you an idea of how much data you are using? See http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/#  Or looking at your itemised usage on your online account? - initially you'll be shown your out-of-bundle usage, but if you go to All Usage, then break it down to data, you should see the figures.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

In order to send picture messages known as mms you need a data connection and your apn internet settings need to be right and occasionally customer service need to provision your account to be able to send picture messages. 

As these do not come from your text allowance you'll be charged to send each one. 

Current Phone  >

This has happened to my daughters Vodafone Smart E8.

She forgot her patten so I had to do a factory reset yesterday and now her balance is showing as zero.  I only topped up on 7 May £10 for her.

She's only 10 so mostly uses it for us calling her and hangouts via wifi.  Mobile date is off so not that, only sends the very odd sms messages, and never calls anyone.

She called 2345 to check her balance and not via the myvodafone app

Any suggestions before I call 191 or use chat?

@Severeheadcase

A factory reset takes the phone back to it's last firmware update. 

It does not in any way affect the SIM card or Vodafone account and credit. 

Current Phone  >